NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is currently seeking a Sales Manager to join our growing team. The Sales Manager is responsible for an assigned territory and/or portfolio of customer accounts, with medium potential of development and/or medium existing footprint of NAVBLUE products and services solutions. This role is responsible for all commercial related activities, including but not limited to, new sales, growing account revenue via up-selling and cross-selling and contract renewals. The Sales Manager will lead and contribute to all selling related activity including prospecting, qualifying, account planning, account development strategy, consultative selling, contract negotiation and signature, handover to delivery, while abiding by the NAVBLUE standard operating procedures.
Within the designated territory and/or portfolio of customer accounts, achieve new sales revenue and renewals to meet or exceed personal targets/quotas, and achieve specific business objectives as assigned by NAVBLUE management (e.g. new product launch customer, market share target in assigned territory for a specific product or a portfolio of products, …) The Sales Manager objectives are set to have a medium impact on region’s business achievements.
Sales Manager Responsibilities are to:
- Understand the customer’s flight operations processes, procedures, tools, systems and services, understand the priorities of customer needs and requests.
- Maintain expertise on NAVBLUE and partner products in order to help identify up-sell opportunities, and solve customer pains with NAVBLUE solutions, updating customers on new products and technology where appropriate.
- Build “High–Wide & Deep” relationships with decision makers and maintain an awareness of issues affecting customers.
- For a limited list of key accounts within the assigned territory and/or portfolio of customer accounts, establish and successfully implement a strategic account development plan, and set up efficient coordination with Airbus global account management team for the said account, if and where appropriate.
- Create new opportunities based on an in-depth understanding of market potential, specific customer requirements and company capabilities.
- Seek opportunities for increased revenue via up-selling and cross-selling through additional product lines, features, and services.
- Manage contract renewals through effective negotiation of terms, conditions, pricing and commitments that enhance profitability and business relationship with customers.
- Develop commercial strategies, tactics, price target settings, and action plans to penetrate and grow awareness and sales of NAVBLUE’s solutions in the assigned territory and/or portfolio of customer accounts
- Prepare and present clear, compelling and persuasive sales presentations.
- Effectively negotiate terms, conditions, pricing and commitments that enhance profitability and the business relationship.
- Be proficient in the use of NAVBLUE’s CRM tools and apply the sales process to maximize the return on key ratios for visits and proposals.
- Attend trade shows and user conferences as required.
- Assist Portfolio & Program organization and Marketing as required with reviewing specifications, determining priorities and liaising with potential customers.
- Coordinate between NAVBLUE internal customers as necessary to resolve invoicing/account receivables problems, contract/pricing issues or any commercial issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of complex sales/marketing/account management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities & Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of airline flight operations, or practical experience in flight operations
- Demonstrated understanding of airline/aviation IT and application software
- In-depth knowledge of airline industry
- Demonstrated excellent customer relationship management skills, strong written and oral communication skills and strong listening skills.
- Project management and strategic account planning skills
- Achievement and results oriented
- Willingness to travel considerably as required
- Able to function and work independently and confidently
- Possess drive and perseverance to ensure all opportunities are uncovered and pursued
- Good level of autonomy
- Effective team player in the organization
- Possess high level of energy and integrity
- Excellent communicator, articulate and persuasive
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Up to 70% Domestic and International
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open workstations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Being part of Airbus Network
- Flexible hours
- Hybrid working environment (2 days in office)
- Free parking
- Weekly Breakfast
- Vacation Days (15 - 25)
- Professional Development Day
- Christmas shut down
- Summer core hours
- Strong work-life balance
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan
- Strong focus on mental health support benefits
- 5 Sick Days
- 2 Personal Days
- RRSP matching program
- Life Insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Referral program
- Rewards and Recognition program
- Training and Development Support
- Monthly Lunch and Learns
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
- Organized Volunteer Events
- Game room, including a flight simulator!
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- Active Inclusion & Diversity Committee
And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Navblue is committed to creating an environment and a culture where everyone feels like they belong no matter who they are or where they are from. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, record of offences, and basis of disability or any protected class. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. You’ll be able to shape the future of the digital aviation industry by working on several of the best in the industry flagship products enabling pilots, dispatchers, flight engineers and other aviation personnel on a daily basis to deliver safe, efficient, and reliable flight operations all over the world. You’ll have the opportunity to support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
You’ll join a team with a focus on digital and collaborative innovation that is passionate and customer-focused. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Bangkok (Thailand) and Malmö (Sweden), Gdańsk (Poland) with other offices all around the world.
The Future is Yours for the Taking: https://youtu.be/vdY6gYuceYY