Fort McMurray - (Long Lake)
Welcome to CNOOC International. We are a global energy company and subsidiary of CNOOC Limited with a vision of delivering safe, sustainable energy for all.
CNOOC International, the international division of CNOOC Limited, is a global energy company with operations in Asia, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East and Europe. Our successful growth as an upstream oil and gas producer has been achieved by consistently finding and developing world-class assets.
Our business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets. As part of the CNOOC Group of companies, which span the entire energy supply chain, our size and capability create a competitive advantage that ensures we deliver long-term value.
Oil sands development is an important component of CNOOC International’s global portfolio. In Canada, CNOOC Petroleum North America has interest in more than 300,000 acres in the Athabasca region – one of the largest deposits of Canadian oil reserves, where we use technologically advanced production processes such as Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD). Our Long Lake facility, located in northern Alberta just south of Fort McMurray, began producing in 2008 and is a SAGD-only operation for the interim, with production capacity of around 72,000 barrels of bitumen a day.
Your career at CNOOC is about moving forward – learning new skills, broadening experiences, and making meaningful contributions. We offer an unprecedented opportunity for growth and development. From personal career development that enables you to fulfill your potential, to employee programs that help you make the most of work life balance. We care for our people and it shows.
In this role, you will participate in our 14x14 Non-Rotating schedule which requires you to work fourteen 12-hour day shifts, followed by fourteen days off. Schedules are based on business needs and subject to change. As a Fort McMurray employee, we give you the freedom to choose between our Local and Camp Residence Programs. We offer free parking at our site or if you’d like us to take the wheel, you can use our daily bus service to/from Fort McMurray.
In exchange for your dedicated work is a total rewards package that not only recognizes your contribution, but also provides for your family. We offer competitive Company-paid benefits that support your mental, physical and financial well-being! Including an annual Wellness Account, a generous paramedical allowance, back-up child care, and access to a team of Virtual Health Care professionals to guide you to the right medical resource. Save for your future by participating in our Penson plan and join our Savings Plan with Company-matching. We also have fun and that means taking time with our team members to participate in our in-house fitness challenges and supporting the community with volunteer initiatives or bringing our employees’ families together for our annual Family Day event. We encourage you to further step up for your community by giving you two paid volunteer days, volunteer rewards and sports grants to support causes you are passionate about.
Bold ideas, diverse perspectives, and the determination to fuel our success are what set us apart. Therefore, we are seeking a Safety Coordinator - HSE to join our growing team in Fort McMurray, Alberta. This dynamic role will be instrumental in monitoring the Long Lake field operations for compliance to preset site-specific and corporate HSE standards and procedures.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline, such as Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is an asset or actively working towards completion – equivalencies will be considered.
- 8-10 years of H&S experience in a heavy industry setting, preferably within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Expertise with provincial OH&S legislation, a working knowledge of industry standards and best practices and proven experience with implementing HSE Management Systems that drive Best in Class performance;
- Experience with Root Cause analysis, Incident investigation and Emergency Response is considered an asset.
- Strong sense of professionalism and purpose, with proven capacity for problem-solving and producing sustainable results through teamwork and individual effort;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and oral / written communication skills –including fluency with computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Monitor field and plant activities for compliance to company safety standards and operational procedures and offer solutions towards full compliance;
- Plans, leads, and facilitates functional improvement initiatives/optimizations (technology, tools, systems) and supports the consistent application of the HSE Management System;
- Lead the management efforts in support of Safe Operations, develop communications as appropriate to achieve effective implementation and deliver these at site;
- Lead the development and execution of KPI-related initiatives within HSE and Operations;
- Support independent investigation of incidents & events using RCA (5 Why / Apollo) methods;
- Responsible for monitoring quality and accuracy of incident investigations, actions, and close outs;
- Partner collaboratively with peers to ensure consistent delivery of BU policies across all field/site activities and ensure aligned contractor engagement;
- Partner collaboratively with Government & Regulatory Affairs and Environmental Operations teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Provides support for the development of HSE related training programs and works with site supervisors to integrate HSE Best Practices within site policies, practices and procedures;
- Participates in the development and monitoring of JHA’s (Job Hazard Analysis) and JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis) as required – provides coaching and mentoring to enhance the effectiveness of FLHA (Field Level Hazard Assessment) activities;
- Champions the risk assessment and control program by helping to identify and implement effective methods and means of incident prevention, mitigation and recovery;
- Supports and participates in HSE assurance activities including inspections, audits and related interactions with Owners, Vendors and Regulators;
- Participates in Emergency Response exercises and fulfills emergency response roles in the field and the Incident Management Team (IMT) as required;
The opportunities are limitless when you join our team. Our employees are encouraged to drive their development, enhancing their career through experiences, exposure, and education. A mentoring program, on-demand e-Learning courses, and formal training opportunities are all ways in which CNOOC International supports your career growth.
All positions require background checks which could include:
- Criminal police record check
- Education verification
- Credential verification
All Safety Sensitive positions could include:
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Pre-access medical testing
- Drivers’ abstract for last 3 years
- Completion of CSO (Energy Safety Canada’s Common Safety Orientation) or CSTS (Construction Safety Training System) online safety course