Levitt-Safety in Fort McMurray, AB, has several upcoming opportunities for experienced Fire Alarm Technicians/Electricians to join our team servicing various customer contracts.
If you are confident and experienced in performing verification, certification, maintenance/ inspections, and repairs on fire alarm systems, with a special focus on special hazards, we’d love to hear from you!
With these roles, we offer a highly desirable compressed work schedule of 14 days on and 14 days off, 12-hour shifts with company-paid housing for fly-in/fly-out employees OR a monthly housing allowance for local employees.
- Regular inspections & maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems and equipment including repairs and documenting deficiencies, according to CAN ULC 536 and Alberta Fire Code.
- Verify newly installed fire alarm systems, and breaker panels associated with fire alarms and complete verification reports and program addressable panels.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on fire alarms, fire suppression and emergency lighting systems.
- Maintain code-mandated records of all inspections, testing, repairs, system impairments and other associated paperwork as per Levitt ISO standards.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors as required and assist in special project management working closely with the design team project manager.
- Perform after-hours and on-call duties as required.
- Ongoing participation in Health and Safety initiatives including the development of JHAs and Safe Work Practices relevant to the role.
- Being the Face of Levitt-Safety for our customers and their onsite safety needs.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Fire Detection, Special Hazards and Programming Addressable Panels in a fire/life safety industry.
- Valid CFAA Registration or Journeyman electrician with Fire alarm experience
- Working knowledge of applicable NFPA, ULC and Fire codes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Technologically savvy on mobile devices and laptops
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to obtain security clearance to access customer sites (clean background check, negative pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, and reference checks).
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work in a physically demanding role with strong hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
What we offer
- Company-paid housing and travel to and from Fort McMurray (Or monthly housing allowance for local technicians).
- Compressed work week schedule of 12 hours/day, 14 days on and 14 days off.
- Competitive pay tied to your experience and qualifications.
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, and other group health insurance benefits for you and your family.
- Company-matched RRSP contribution plan.
- Annual profit-sharing opportunity.
- A company culture based on our Face of Levitt-Safety Fundamentals and family values, where we truly believe that people are our most important asset.
Levitt-Safety is committed to the principle of employment equity in the workplace and ensures that our practices of hiring are based on qualifications and ability. We invite all applicants, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Indigenous Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. We understand that experience comes in many forms and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
in the application. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.