Registered Pharmacy Technician
Assists the Pharmacy in filling and dispensing prescriptions for patients. Provides services to patients at counter, retrieves prescriptions, processes register transactions. Orders and stocks drugs, supplies, and over-the-counter merchandise. Updates patient records and inventory. Dispenses prescription medications utilizing pharmacy standards. Receives verbal orders for prescriptions.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Completes packaging verification for prescriptions to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Verify prescriptions and refills with physicians by phone as needed and takes verbal prescriptions to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Selects generic substitutions when necessary.
- Obtains patient medical history and maintains confidential computer record, and assists in updating patient profile and entering prescription information into the pharmacy computer.
- Assists patients at the counter and window by gathering information and alerts pharmacist to requests for recommendations or potential drug interactions in prescription and over the counter medications.
- Assists patients at counter and retrieves filled prescriptions. Processes register transactions. Receives payment, makes change, processes checks, credit and debit charges. Provides prompt and courteous patient services. Answers phones, directs members to product location.
- Fills prescriptions by bringing stock bottles, counting medication into appropriate container, labeling, and pricing prescriptions under Pharmacist’s supervision to the extent permitted by provincial regulations.
- Counts, labels (including appropriate auxiliary labels), and packages prescriptions, through workflow and bin management.
- Processing third-party insurance claims and processing invoices
- Orders, receives, tags, and stocks prescription drugs, supplies and over-the counter products. Follows product storage procedures, standards and merchandising plan.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Plexi glass between stations, at the cash registers, Lysol wiped surfaces multiple times a day. Optional for staff to wear masks as of Apr 2022.
Work Location: In person