RMC Group of Companies
RMC Group of Companies is family owned and has been supplying concrete and related services since 1994. RMC Group of Companies is locally owned and operated and is one of Western Canada’s largest independent concrete providers. Since 1994, RMC Group of Companies has expanded the business to more than ten operating entities to provide a one stop shop for all our customer’s concrete needs. With such rapid expansion, there is ample opportunity for growth and development for employees. Come be a part of our growing team!
We are currently looking for a dependable and reliable apprentice electrician to work with our Articulate Integration & Technologies division in Edmonton, AB. The primary responsibilities will involve supporting the journeyman electrician with electrical issues throughout the organization.
What we can Offer
- Competitive wages and vacation time.
- Full scope benefits package (health, dental, life, disability, etc.).
- Retirement contributions into an RRSP.
- Employee assistance programs.
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Opportunities for training and professional development.
Please note, this is an entry-level position, and the responsibilities below are what you can expect to be doing with proper instruction and supervision.
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications to see layout of commercial electrical equipment installations.
- Tests electrical equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Installs, repairs or replaces AC/DC motors and drives, transformers, motors, starters, relays, and hydraulic and gas electrical controls.
- Installs, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiberoptic, and line assemblies, lighting, and alternative electrical parts.
- Installs, repairs, or replaces generators and industrial storage batteries.
- Do preventative maintenance and testing of electrical systems (including power distribution equipment).
- Installs electrical circuits, as well as panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches, and equipment required; corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls.
- May install, maintain, and calibrate industrial equipment and connected devices.
- Documents work performed in accordance with company standards.
- Electrician will work in industrial environments both indoor and outdoor duties year-round.
- Work hours vary and overtime is expected in certain scenarios.
- Out of town work should be expected.
- Must be a Registered Apprentice Electrician.
- Must have valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Electrical Training System Certification (Preferred).
- Prior experience working in a plant environment (Preferred).
- Basic Computer Proficiency.
RMC Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates without discriminating on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, mental or physical disability or pardoned criminal conviction.