At RONA inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe's, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Director, National Inbound/Outbound Transportation, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the operations & execution of Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec & Atlantic) Transportation team in balancing its objective of driving cost-to-serve efficiencies while meeting customer experience expectations. They will lead a team of supervisors of transportation operations overseeing vendor inbound and DC (Distribution Center)-to-store transportation flows. They will manage RONA's partner carriers and will be accountable for the transportation cost and operations within scope. As a member of the National Inbound/Outbound Transportation organization team, the incumbent will contribute to defining logistics/delivery network strategies and best-in-class processes in the area of operational performance. This position requires strong leadership, relevant operations management experience, as well as proven negotiation and contract management skills to deliver expected results in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Lead the Eastern Canada Transportation team in defining and executing its mandate to drive cost-to-serve efficiencies while meeting customer experience expectations
- Lead the development and be accountable for the deployment of Eastern Canada Transportation department strategies, objectives, and performance standards/metrics
- Participate in establishing carrier sourcing strategies, recommend selection of carriers, support/lead contract negotiations with strategic/regional carriers
- Ensure Eastern Canada Transportation-related initiatives are delivered as per plan
- Be accountable for the operational and financial performance of the Eastern Canada Transportation department, ensure financial targets are met, and identify opportunities to drive cost-to-serve efficiencies as well as network performance improvements
- Directly manage a team of supervisors each responsible for site transportation operations; be accountable for the engagement level of all employees within their span of control, including associates
- Act as the escalation point for regional decisions that will impact unit operations and may result in delays that could jeopardize overall business activities, add to cost-to-serve, or impact the organization’s medium-term goals
- Foster a cohesive team unit and manage the talent pipeline to enable organizational capabilities
- Communicate organizational and functional strategy and translate it into functional goals for teams
- Engage with multiple key internal stakeholders such as Distribution Operations, Supply Chain Planning, Merchandising, Store Operations, and Dealer Services at a regional level
- Interpret and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations regarding inbound/outbound transportation operations
The qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management (operations, logistics, supply chain), engineering, or a related field (required)
- At least 7 to 10 years of progressive responsibilities in the areas of transportation, logistics, or distribution
- At least 5 years of experience in a functional management role, at a manager level
- Experience in the retail industry, large-scale national distributor, or transportation/logistics service provider (an asset)
- Experience leading in a context of transformational change (an asset)
- Leadership skills; demonstrated ability to lead teams in a complex organization and quickly establish credibility across the organization to engage and influence others
- Financial acumen and demonstrated proficiency in planning and managing an operations budget, identifying root causes to explain variances, and elaborating targeted actions to meet financial plans
- Negotiation and contract management skills; demonstrated ability in negotiating transportation services and managing strategic supplier relationships with national/regional partners
- Proven track record of deploying and managing operations leveraging analytical models and KPIs related to total cost-to-serve as well as network and carrier performance
- People management skills; demonstrated ability to mobilize teams, coach, and drive accountability with a diverse team, including individual contributors, people managers, and associates
- Project management skills; demonstrated ability to execute the implementation of complex projects involving change management and process improvements
- Communication skills; demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with all levels of the organization and across functions to persuade and lead teams in challenging situations
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; proactive nature and willingness to challenge existing processes and propose new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deploy and leverage technology solutions such as Transportation Management Systems (TMSs), fleet management systems, routing optimization, network modelling, carrier sourcing, and business analytics tools
- Experience with Oracle TM, Power BI, and/or JDA TM (an asset)
Your benefits of working for RONA inc. :
By joining the RONA inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all RONA inc. locations)
- Benefits: group insurance, retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, student incentive program, etc.
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. RONA is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.