bout this Opportunity
iant Tiger Wholesale is looking to hire permanent Warehouse Associates for our 660,000 square foot distribution centre in Johnstown, Ontario! Giant Tiger can offer paid training and certification on brand new Raymond equipment, cross training and mentorship in various warehouse departments, full medical and dental benefits, a store discount, and 24/7 onsite gym access.
We are looking for a self-motivated and reliable individual who has a positive attitude and adapts well to change. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, seeing a job through from beginning to end, and take direction well you can look forward to a career with milestone rate increases, job growth, and profit sharing.
Giant Tiger Wholesale - We can offer:
- Starting wage of $18.90/hour!
- Additional $2/hour for hours worked 9:00pm - 6:00am
- Automatic milestone wage increases at 1040 hours, 2080 hours, 4160 hours and annually after that;
- Giant Tiger Store Discount - 20% on clothing, 10% on grocery!
- Full medical benefits at 3 months; GTW pays the benefits premium once employee hits 2 years of service,
- 24/7 access to onsite gym; games room and full Micromarket in lunch room with subsidized snacks and meals,
- Weekly summer barbeques and staff events all year;
- Paid voluntary overtime at 44 hours;
- Committed Health & Safety Culture from day one!
Do you want to learn more about what a career looks like at Giant Tiger? Check out this video:
Warehouse Associate Roles include but are not limited to; Order Picker, Forklift Operator, Container Associate, Inventory Associate, Receivers, Shippers, and Wrapping Associates.
Warehouse Associate, Job Highlights
- Pick orders to supply over 260 Giant Tiger stores across Canada with their inventory
- Wrap pallets and skids using an automated wrapping machine;
- Pile various sized boxes onto skids ensuring safe, secure, and accurate piles
- Sorts and lanes items and pallets from transfer racks and lanes;
- Lift boxes repeatedly with a weight range of 1-50 pounds while maintaining strict Health and Safety guidelines
- Load wrapped pallets onto trucks with care and precision
- Drive Narrow Aisle and High Bay Reach trucks through high trafficked areas to service Order Pickers and VNA Forklift Operators with a focus on safe and efficient operation
- Drive an electric double pallet truck around the warehouse to fulfill orders with a focus on safe and efficient operation
- Identify and match picked skids with outbound licence plate numbers (OLPNs) provided with the order
- Identify SKU number and quantity to accurately scan and put away items from one location to another
- Certify accuracy for all picked inventory and ensure orders are ready for shipment within set deadlines
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Support other departments as directed by the supervisor
Warehouse Associate, Candidate Requirements
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety and complies with Ontario Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) standards
- Capable of standing, walking, climbing stairs and repetitively lifting heavy objects throughout shift
- Ability to follow direction
- Comfortable in a noisy, fast-paced environment
- Punctual, adaptable, and strong attention to detail
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Warehouse Associate, Candidate Assets
- Experience with Voice Picking or Manhattan Warehouse Management System
- Experience driving an electric double pallet truck or similar machine
- Experience in a warehouse environment
- Class G2 or higher driver’s licence
Warehouse Associate, Sample Job Schedules
- Fixed shifts - You always know your schedule.
- 8 hour or 10 hour shifts!
- Variety available - days, evenings & overnights (depending on availability)
Apply to inquire!
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair employment practices.
Are you are interested in this position but don’t yet meet all the criteria? We want you to apply anyway!
During our recruitment process we are looking for an incumbent that will not only learn and grow in the role, but also contribute to our diverse, equal and inclusive culture.
If you require accommodation during your pursuit of a role at Giant Tiger please contact [email protected].
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.90 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person