Commercial Properties Limited (CPL) has been developing and managing properties in Eastern Canada for over fifty years. We offer high quality premises, great locations, and focus strongly on tenant service. Our specialties include professional offices as well as industrial and retail real estate. We have completed several exciting projects over the recent past that we feel have made a difference in the communities they serve.
We are searching for a Maintenance Manager to lead Commercial Properties Limited (CPL) Maintenance team. This position will have three Maintenance Foreman’s that will support operations primarily in Saint John, Moncton, and Halifax regions. Responsibilities include planning maintenance projects, utilizing internal and external resources, (trade contractors), ongoing preventative maintenance on building envelopes and systems, (i.e., Roofs, Windows, Boilers, HVAC, and Fire Life Safety). The position will ensure CPL is continuing to improve on energy efficiency, maintaining a high level of quality and performance as well as cost effectiveness.
- Oversee maintenance activities across the regions, conducting site inspections, and ensuring a safe and efficient work environment that improves business performance and optimizes staff productivity.
- Work closely with Maintenance Foremen to monitor results of contract service performance indicators and develop action plan for any deviations.
- Ensure efficient operation through the coordination of maintenance resources and incorporate support for capital projects.
- Review property budgets and monitor timing of expenditures ensuring budget targets are met.
- Oversee the tendering process for maintenance activities, support maintenance and capital projects budget planning.
- Review and approve maintenance purchase orders and invoices.
- Partner with Client Services Team on Tenant day-to-day facility management activities to deliver CPL’s “@ Your Service” Tenant experience.
- Work closely with Manager of Sustainability to review energy and water consumption to identify efficiencies and energy savings in building operations.
- Oversee policies and safety procedures for daily activities of team members, contractors, and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with local safety regulations in partnership with the Health and Safety Committee and Safety Officer.
- Take a leadership role in emergency planning and response.
- Produce Angus AnyWhere portal reports on Tenant Requests, On-Demand, and Preventative Maintenance activities, and ensure that targets are being met or exceeded.
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong leadership skills, proven experience as Maintenance Manager or other Managerial role (5+ years).
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering with 5-7+ years’ experience directly with Commercial, Office, and Industrial Property Management or equivalent training, education, and experience.
- Professional Engineer P. Eng, or Professional Technician P.Tech would be considered an asset.
- Excellent people management, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess a strong environmental, health and safety mindset, current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards, is desirable.
If you are interested in the position, please apply here with a resume and cover letter.