Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over thirty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a First Officer, LR45. Reporting to the Chief Pilot, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must hold a valid a Commercial Pilot License or Airline Transport Pilot Licence, and IATRA exam completed, a valid Instrument and Type rating (if required), and hold a PPC and currency for an aeroplane in the aircraft grouping responsible for.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities as required on the specified aircraft
- Adhere to all safety regulations as per company requirements, Transport Canada, CARs, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot and/or Deputy Chief Pilot
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- 2,000 hours Total Time
- 500 hours PIC
- 500 hours Multi
- Preference will be given to time on type
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Good decision making and problem solving abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00-$72,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Please share your total flight time, multi-engine, multi-engine PIC, PIC, and jet hours.
- Type Rating
- Current PPC and A/C types
- PPC Expiry Date
- Any violations, accidents or incidents on your license?
- Do you have a valid RAIC (red) pass?
- Do you currently hold a training bond with another company?
- Do you have any military experience?
- What are your long-term career aspirations?
- Canadian Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person