Title: Journeyman Electrician
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors, and various control components and devices. Other responsibilities include fabrication of control panels, installation of interlocking wiring and performance of wiring check out, and assistance of systems start-up. Shall participate in job site final walk-through and prepare all as built markup drawings for the design engineer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use.
- Provides material take-offs for electrical facilities equipment requirements.
- Constructs electrical control panels, rough and finish wiring and control systems.
- Installs system components and wiring in compliance with the NEC, NESC, NFPA and the UFC.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices.
- Proposes changes or modifications to plans to enhance operation and efficiency of systems plans and specifications for sanitation facilities.
- Assist in training, directing, and supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work.
- Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Provides technical Assistance/Emergency Response of existing facilities electrical systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work. Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance, and repair techniques.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Silent-Aire Limited Partnership safety program standards and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code.
- Other assigned work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician in Alberta.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications: Industrial Electrician Trade Certification, 5th
Period Apprentice, Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certificate.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Commercial/Industrial environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use necessary tools.
- Exercise caution, as the environment presents many naturally occurring hazards.
- Always adhere to safety policies (wear protective equipment).
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Long periods of standing.
- Overtime as required.
- Communication is primarily internal to the assigned work team and the Production
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $39.25 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6P 1T9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- conduit Bending: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person