Our Custodians are cheerful individuals who thrive in a team environment and take pride in keeping our state-of-the art complex clean and orderly. They have an incredible eye for detail and a go-getter attitude.
These efficient and vigilant creatures aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to maintain white-glove standards. They are able to prioritize tasks, work independently and in sync with a team to ensure every nook and cranny is sparkling.
They maintain a socially engaging presence will all members while being mindful that the cleanliness of the complex can make or break a member’s experience. Sweep by sweep, mop by mop, dust by dust they enhance our complex’s environment. Not only are they mindful of the overall cleanliness, but they do also so while being safety conscious.
This job might be for you if you have the following talents & spirit:
- You’re Detail Oriented: You cross your T’s and dot your I’s by maintaining client records highly organized with flawless attention to detail. You’re not one to cut corners. You pay attention to the details. As far as your concerned, anything worth doing, is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- You’re Efficient & Resourceful: You’re a skilled multi-tasker and can handle juggling various tasks with a smile on your face. You maximize your time by being highly efficient. You’re on the ball and move at a fast pace and have great physical stamina as many of your working hours will be standing, bending, and moving, which requires good physical stamina and fitness.
- You’re A Team player: You actively participate and foster an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others. You’re a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- You Have A Positive Attitude: You’re always upbeat, energetic and have a positive attitude. You’re on a first name basis with members and teammates and it’s common for them to stop for a quick chat when they see you bustling about.
- You’re Motivated & Driven: You’re motivated and driven. You take initiative. You identify opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to resolve them. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
As a Custodian, a typical day might include the following:
- Reviewing the communication sources and internalizing the information
- Checking in with the front desk manager on duty to ensure there are no pressing items to be handled before getting into the shift routines’ tasks
- Gather all cleaning supplies needed, including wet floor signs
- Head to the change room to start cleaning, as peak time is just around the corner
- Clean and disinfect all washrooms and all fixtures
- Clean and replenish all dispensers (soap, toilet paper, paper towel, etc.)
- Clean all sinks and mirrors then clean and disinfect toilets and/or urinals
- Remove all waste and clean waste containers
- And a slew of other things!
To land this role you need to have:
- At least one year experience professionally cleaning
- Certifications or workshops relevant to cleaning (WHMIS), maintenance is a definite asset.
- All team members must have current CPR/First Aid certification prior to start date and must be maintained throughout employment
- A recent Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of training and/or work.
Perks of this position include:
- A competitive salary
- Group Health Benefits
- Complimentary individual membership
- Maternity/Paternity top up
- Team Member Perks
- Complete training and development package
- Working alongside great people in a culture that fosters empowerment
- Career-defining growth and development opportunities
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Altea Active. We want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is with us.
PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of this job advertisement is to provide you with a glimpse into the full responsibilities. It is not a complete explanation of duties, responsibilities or requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and believes in treating everyone fairly regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status or any other legally-protected factors. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and upon request will provide accommodations to candidates taking part in the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.