Position Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Position Status: Full Time
Rate of Pay: $30.65 - $31.30 hourly
Posting No.: 23-94
About the Position
Norfolk General Hospital is seeking a Registered Practical Nurse for our Medical/Surgical and Rehab units. The ideal candidate would be dedicated to patient care and committed to championing the Hospital’s Mission to relieve illness and suffering, and help people live healthier lives.
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of approximately 69,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the people we serve including Emergency, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex
Continuing Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital continues to be a full service 106-bed hospital with round the clock on-call coverage of Specialists in Surgery,
Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics, as well as on-site 24 hour per day medical coverage.
Education & Qualifications
- Current registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice
- Current BCLS is required and commitment to on-going renewal
- Recent experience in medical nursing and caring of patients with complex but stable and predictable medical conditions
- Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills in dealing with residents, their families, other health care team members and the community
- Effective communication skills and ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Medication Administration certificate
- IV certification an asset
- Experience with Meditech order entry system an asset
- Experience in caring for the elderly with complex needs, end of life and rehabilitation
- Effective problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated abilities in patient teaching using the Teach Back Methodology
- Demonstrated commitment to Patient Partnered Care
- Committed to ongoing professional development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Adherence to all health and safety policies, procedures and provisions and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices
Hours of Work: Must work shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, Norfolk General Hospital and
Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.65-$31.30 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Simcoe, ON N3Y 1T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Registration with the College of Nurses Ontario (required)
Work Location: In person