Manager, Site and Clinical services for Cardston & Pincher Creek
Wages: Commensurate with education and experience.
The world could use more good samaritans. If you are interested in a diverse and rewarding career within a dynamic organization, then choose a career where people matter; where you are valued, appreciated for your hard work, and supported. Join a team that empowers you to live up to your potential so that you can feel part of something bigger and make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Services, the Manager, Site and Clinical Services provides leadership and operational oversight for a range of living options including assisted/supportive living, dementia care, private pay and life lease. The Manager, Site and Clinical Services works with other organizational leaders and resident/families to ensure that care and services are aligned with organizational mission, vision and values, goals, and objectives and that effective and efficient clinical care and services are being provided. The Manager, Site and Clinical Services assumes a leadership role empowering teams to build and maintain a safety culture that pursues leading practices, quality improvement and learning and development initiatives throughout our care homes and programs.
Additionally, the Manager, Site and Clinical Services is a key representative of Good Samaritan promoting a positive image of the organization collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
What we can offer you:
- Work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee recognition events
Educational and other Qualifications
- Registered Nurse or a diploma in a health related field required
- Undergraduate degree in nursing (BScN) preferred
- Gerontology or healthcare administrator certificate preferred
- Current CPR certification
- In care homes/programs where the Manager, Site and Clinical Services is a standalone position without a Clinical Services Lead, a regulated nurse designation is required with valid registration with the respective provincial licensing body
- Minimum of three (3) years proven management experience in a health care environment
- Minimum of five (5) years health related experience, preferably in seniors’ care, including dementia/geriatrics
- Experience managing people within in a unionized environment
- Experience managing a budget
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of: Accreditation process, Human Resources and Labour Relations management, Business and financial principles.
- Seniors’ care industry including applicable contractual and legislative requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Adept at written and oral communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, webinar and internet technology
- Able to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility in a constant high energy environment while responding to complex priorities
- Exhibits open and sincere approach to relating to people by demonstrating respect and compassion for everyone equally
- Demonstrates critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to resolve issues independently and/or make recommendations that are supported by evidence consistent with legislation/policies, and that meets the standards of care
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to travel as required and a current driver’s license
- Ability to occasionally work after regular hours in order to attend functions, meetings and to address urgent issues impacting the care home/program
- Ability to be on-call outside of regular business hours as required, willingness to participate in committees and projects
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and if applicable a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace at all levels of the organization, as well as in the delivery of our services. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, and people from the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
*Good Samaritan is a 2022 Canadian HR Award, Excellence Awardee for Diversity and Inclusion
How to apply:
- Visit us online at www.gss.org or apply at https://hrnet.gss.organd create a profile
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Have the ability to commute between 2 - sites Cardston and Pincher Creek?
- Management: 3 years (preferred)
- health related- dementia: 5 years (preferred)
- unionized environment: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person