Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Conduct and facilitate classroom and simulator training related to Customer Service, Commercial, Safety, Regulatory and Service as required.
- Complete all pre and post training administration.
- Provide coaching inside and outside the classroom (on-board; crew support centers; at gate, etc.) when required.
- Assess, evaluate, and rate trainee performance. Provide timely feedback and/or coaching dependent on the training and performance objectives set.
- Work and co-lead special projects mandated by the branch or other operational teams (introduction of new aircraft; IFE systems; eLearning; training design).
- Work closely with Training Design and In-Flight Service bases to provide support and assistance whenever needed.
- Gather and solicit operational and training performance information in the areas of administration of procedures, design and development of programs, and participant performance.
- Assist in the design and development of major training programs, when required.
- Review, evaluate, and modify proposed and existing programs. Provide ongoing feedback to existing programs.
- Supports and/or participates in internal and external audits (Safety & Quality Assurance) when required.
- Participate in all the Train the Trainers sessions on Safety, Service, and Instructional related items as they pertain to training.
- Participate and coordinate recruitment activities for Customer Service Training Team when required.
- Work with colleagues and manager to achieve and surpass branch and operational objectives.
- Possess sound knowledge in training development and adult learning principles.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Successfully complete flight attendant initial training and maintain flight attendant qualifications throughout instructor career.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and possess a continuous improvement philosophy in all areas of training.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from frontline, peers, and managers as well as provide it.
- Excellent facilitation and instructing skills.
- High regard for health and safety.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness skills with solid leadership qualities and conflict resolution acumen.
- Ability to work in teams and high confidence self-correcting oneself and others.
- Possess "forward thinking" ability.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and able to seek out help when needed.
- Highly flexible and adaptable and still able to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Willing to travel and work flexible and extended hours.
- Previous experience in in-flight, training, and customer services, a definite asset.
- Bachelor of Education or other related discipline or equivalent professional experience, a definite asset.
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees' unique contributions to our company's success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.