Requisition ID: 88416
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Structural Infrastructure Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in our Mississauga, ON location.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be part of an integrated engineering team providing engineering services for large and small capital projects.
The Structural Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects. The Structural Engineer participates in a wide range of infrastructure and transit projects covering concrete and steel structures for transit stations, maintenance facilities, and other buildings and structures. Activities include site investigation and civil/structural steel analysis for both front end planning and the detailed engineering phase for multi-discipline projects. The Structural Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, engineering input into drawing production, technical specifications, data sheets and reports. The Structural Engineer reports to the Lead Structural Engineer on a large project and to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager on a small project
Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Structural Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost, and schedule.
- Work to ensure the implementation of safety and integrity principles in structural documentation.
Promote compliance with all relevant engineering standards and internal procedures for all design activities.
- Maintain structural engineering work procedures, specifications and computer aided design programs.
- Prepare engineering calculations of both new structures and modifications to existing structures.
- Prepare technical specifications based on input received from other disciplines.
Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise.
- Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates.
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria.
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews.
- Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule.
- Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered.
- Manage small capital and maintenance projects.
- Assist in defining project scope and preparing proposals.
Resolve Structural design issues throughout project lifecycle as required.
Perform site visit to various client site for review, inspection and assessment of existing structures.
Apply industry best practices, applicable codes, standards
Manage the schedule on project or program including multidiscipline interactions, if required.
Awareness of Hatch Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) Policy and standards.
Qualifications and Experience
A recognized degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Registration as a professional engineer. Alternatively, registration as a candidate professional engineer actively working towards professional registration or regional equivalent.
- Minimum seven years project engineering experience. Including several years of experience on infrastructure and transit projects such as the design of transit station buildings, underground works, design of maintenance facilities or similar industrial buildings.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards.
- Experience with Mathcad, SAP 2000, Staad Pro or similar structural analysis software.
- Experience within a large project, multidisciplinary Design-Build environment.
Experience of working in a BIM environment.
- Sound knowledge of industry or regulatory codes and standards.
- Experience with multidisciplinary design coordination.
- Willingness to stretch, take ownership, quality conscious
Familiarity and experience with North American codes and standards.
Experience in Autodesk BIM 360 and Revit.
Experience in Bluebeam Revu.
Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
Good leadership skills.
Strong client focus.
- Ability to delegate tasks and promote the effective performance of team members.
Why join us?
Work with great people to make a difference
Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
What we offer you?
Flexible work environment
Long term career development
Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.