ECOSYNTHETIX engages in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of bio-based technologies to replace petroleum-based industrial products. Our Global Centre of Innovation in Burlington, Ontario, is the home to our product development and applications testing laboratories and our state-of-the-art pilot plant. We are seeking to add to our dynamic team of professionals who share a passion for developing and commercializing sustainable, bio-based chemistries and polymers.
Reporting to the Operations & Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Associate is responsible for supporting operation of our assets for production & research trials using our reactive twin screw extrusion process. This position will provide support of the extrusion process and will play a role in all extrusion functions including developing, validating, and implementing new equipment and techniques to develop the next generation of our biomaterials. Additionally, together with a cross functional team, the manufacturing associate will develop and maintain ISO related documentation for processes and services throughout the organization. This role is hands-on where our technology theory gets turned into a practical reality, requires on the spot critical thinking & flexibility to try new things constantly.
- Operate, maintain, & repair extrusion, dispersion, and dry powder processing machinery
- Perform product changeovers, clean-outs, & accurately set up machine and adjustments on all equipment
- Identify equipment malfunctions, generate work orders, determine proper repair procedures, and create strategy to accomplish the task
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to all process equipment.
- Perform Inventory control & shipping/receiving duties for the Burlington facility
- Detect and correct operational problems and get machines back into service quickly
- Support the installation of new machinery and related new process equipment, including interacting with vendors.
- Perform maintenance tasks with or without direct supervision
- Respond to Equipment Breakdowns quickly, safely, accurately, and efficiently
- Maintaining a safe work environment, following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintain accurate digital records (including parts specifications and work history) of all equipment to support ISO-9001 compliance
- Perform Risk Assessments, Proactive identification of safety problems prior to job startup
- Support COI operations during vacations or special circumstances
- Sundry duties as required or assigned by management
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred in maintenance; including twin screw reactive extrusion, electrical theory, general drafting, hydraulic, pneumatics and plc controls an asset.
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), Tool and Die Maker, or equivalent an asset
- Valid certificates to comply with applicable Provincial regulatory authority(s)
- Work in a safe professional manner, complying with Ontario safety standard requirements
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a concern for consistent quality and standards
- Experience using an assortment of tools to perform the tasks efficiently
- Working knowledge of PLC controllers
- Air Pneumatics - Must have experience with general air pneumatics, including air compressor operation and maintenance.
- Read and interpret plans and blueprints; including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping and Instrumentation Drawings ( P&ID’s )
- Comfortable meeting the physical requirements of the position including lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 55 lbs, twisting and turning, standing for long periods of time, as well as navigating stairs
- Comfortable working in a variety of environments including indoor and outdoor at high temperature and humidity.
- Experience in assembling and maintaining extrusion, dispersion and dry powder processing machinery
- Forklift ticket, Boom lift, Scissor lift, fire protection, WHMIS, lockout/tagout an asset
- Ability to provide an open and flexible schedule. Temporary evening/night shifts may be required from time to time.
- Currently legally able to pursue work in Canada
- Valid Passport and Driver’s license
- 5% Travel may be required
EcoSynthetix is committed to growing a positive team of individuals, who are truly passionate about the pursuit of our industries excellence. We are looking for Maintenance Trades Persons with the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter and show initiative
- Ability to learn new systems and equipment as required
- Can-do attitude and genuine enthusiasm for working with a team.
- Proven ability to work safely and collaboratively in a high-performance, fast-paced research and development environment.
- Support the spirit of continuous improvement
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude with excellent troubleshooting skills.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person