Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Office, Clerical and Technical
Position covered by the Collective Agreement with USW Local 4120
Hiring #: 2023-0345
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Reporting to the Manager, Client Productivity in Computing and Communications Services (CCS), the IT Services Technician will work in a team that provides a broad range of IT technical support to our Managed Desktops service.
Specific responsibilities of the IT Service Technician include working as part of a collaborative team, using email, telephone, chat, and in-person communication channels to provide technology support to faculty, staff and students. Diagnosing and resolving issues pertaining to the operation and use of desktops, laptops, and related technologies; resolving hardware and software issues; supporting the ordering and set up of new computers and related equipment; providing guidance to clients and participating in the development, updating, and modification of documentation and processes to facilitate and improve IT services.
Requirements of the position include:
- Two-year college diploma in computer networking and technical support, computer system technology, or similar educational background along with a minimum one (1) year of related experience. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience providing Windows and/or macOS support to large and diverse community, preferably within an education environment
- Previous IT support experience gained within an IT service desk environment
- Familiarity and experience in the use of endpoint computing support tools such as Microsoft MECM, Intune, JAMF would be an advantage
- Broad knowledge of University and / or departmental policies and procedures related to information technology, security and privacy would be an advantage
This position involves elements that must be performed on-campus as well as elements that can be conducted remotely. More information regarding the flexible work policy can be found here: 520 Flexible Work Arrangements (Non-Academic Staff) | Human Resources (uoguelph.ca).
Position Number 683-010
Classification USW, Local 4120 Salary Band 5
Salary Range $27.43 Minimum
$30.65 Normal Hiring Level
$37.13 Job Rate
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2023 05 31
Closing Date: 2023 06 07