Boardwalk provides Canadians with a quality, comfortable, home living experience. We offer rental apartments and townhouses that come in a wide breadth of shapes, sizes and sets of amenities. We operate 33,000 units across Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Quebec.
As an SDET, you will be able to build and set up test automation frameworks to facilitate testing for various technology platforms such as Web, Mobile, Desktop, and Database applications. You will be able to integrate the various test automation frameworks into our existing Azure DevOps instance. Working with other IT team members, you will contribute to the development of a hybrid TDD/BDD testing strategy with a focus on quality of deliverables from raw data to user interfaces.
Additionally, you will apply your knowledge of automation techniques for the purpose of load balance and performance testing. Using your skills, you will be able to provide solutions to programmatic data generation for use in manual and automated tests. You will also be expected to demonstrate leadership and provide guidance on automation standards and industry best practices.
This will be a 12-month Contract position.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Develop test automation frameworks/scripts
- Automate test scenarios using test automation frameworks/scripts
- Set up automation infrastructure to support CI/CD for automated testing
- Create reusable test automation
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of quality standards and process documentation
- Contribute to the development of business requirements/acceptance criteria using your experience and knowledge of software applications
- Contribute to the development of and maintaining test dashboards for reporting test coverage and test progress
- Contribute to the development of test plans and strategies based on quality assurance best practices and experience
- Write and execute test cases, track defects, fixes, and retest both manually and with automation
- Coordinate testing to ensure release/sprint timelines and deliverables are met
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- Demonstrate quality of deliverables to stakeholders
- Advocate for Quality in all aspects of design and development
- Mentoring other team members
- 4+ years of proven experience with automated and manual testing
- Azure DevOps CI/CD + Test Manager
- IDE: VS Code, Visual Studio, etc.
- Programming languages: C#, VB.Net, Java, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, planning and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Self starter who can “hit the ground running”
Boardwalk recognizes our Associates as our most valuable asset. We are proud to offer:
- A safe and respectful work culture that attracts, supports, develops, and recognizes high-performing and innovative team members
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to industry salary data
- Paid vacation time plus 6 flex days
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Health & Dental, Critical Illness, & Life Insurance Benefits
- Group RRSP with generous employer matching
- Paid Training & Development opportunities
- Fitness & Wellness Reimbursement
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank you in advance for your application, however, only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, and Post-offer/Pre-employment Physical Testing where applicable.
Ready to shape the future of our communities? Come work with us and learn where doing what you love means never working a day in your life!
Deeply rooted in family spirit and humility, Boardwalk’s five core values of integrity, associates, teamwork, customer service and social responsibility are more than just words - they are a way of life. Coupled with our Golden Foundation of ‘treat others as you would like to be treated,’ ‘be good,’ ‘love community’ and ‘have fun,’ we believe in happiness and creating the most memorable experiences for both our Associates and Resident Members, continually looking for new and innovative ways to enhance and strengthen all our Boardwalk communities.
We hope these values speak to you as they speak so meaningfully to us!