OPPORTUNITIES FOR MACHINE OPERATORS
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
Irving Tissue is seeking multiple permanent, full-time Machine Operators for future opportunities. The Machine Operator will be based out of Toronto, Ontario (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4) This is a permanent, full-time position.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Education required: High School Diploma Required, Trade School or College Diploma in a related technical field preferred
- Years of Experience Required: <2 years
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, including experience working with tools and/or equipment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with computers and technology
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- High degree of attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be organized and have demonstrated the ability to multi-task
- Ability to and willingness to learn and grow
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts, which includes nights and weekends
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure the safe operations of our equipment and the safety of our people
- Maintain the high quality standards of our products and address quality items with a high sense of urgency
- Work with team of employees to operate and optimize high speed equipment and technology, including collaboration with Maintenance and Process Support staff
- Perform product and grade changeovers based on the planned schedule
- Maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and/or adjust equipment and technology to maximize performance, as well as input measurements into computer systems
- Respond to any defects or issues with the machine, i.e., lights, alarms and visual indicators to ensure conformance to company standards
- Handle and feed a variety of raw materials into machinery and equipment in an effort to maintain production
- Perform general housekeeping duties in an effort support safety and quality standards
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Starting wage of $25.968
- Night shift and Sunday premiums
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
- RRSP retirement plan
- Bonus Program
- Uniform allowance and cleaning services
- Wellness Reimbursement Policy
- On-site cafeteria
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.96 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have experience working 12 hour rotating shifts?
- If no, are you willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts which includes night shifts?
- What is your email address?
- Secondary School (required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person