It’s an exciting time to part of the Give and Go team as we are growing rapidly and want you to become a part of our growth and extraordinary bright future!
Under the general supervision of the Area Leader, Production Supervisor and/or Plant Manager; the Machine Operator will be responsible for ensuring the equipment is operated correctly by utilizing monitors and gauges on the equipment. He/she will organize and lead the process and team on the line to ensure good quality product is produced at all times.
- Afternoon Shift - 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Night Shift - 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
- IM2 Facility - 735 Intermodal Drive, Brampton, ON L6T 5W2
- Ensure Health & Safety, Safe Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices are followed.
- Ensure safety guards are in place and Keep all safety guards in place on machines while in operation.
- Follow all safety guidelines required by machine’s manufacturer.
- Perform maintenance checks as required to keep machine in good working order.
- Respond to any defects or issues with the machine (i.e. lights, alarms, visual indicators) and notifies the supervisor and maintenance of needed repairs.
- Remove scrap from the machine and maintain housekeeping in and around your working area.
- During production make machine adjustments if needed.
- Communicate with area/line leader concerning operation of machine.
- Perform first case checks when beginning each product run.
- Perform in process check to ensure quality and safety of production as per QA SOP/WI.
- Resolve issues on the line in a timely manner as needed to ensure line efficiency.
- Follow recipes and product standards (quantities, weight etc...)
- Load film or other packaging materials onto machine. Ensure product and packaging match.
- Perform changeovers to accommodate different sizes of packaging materials or product change.
- Change totes and bins as necessary.
- Regularly monitor that the product conforms to quality specifications.
- Use Statistical Process Control (SPC) weight control system to check weights are deposited as per specification.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Set up and prepare equipment and ensure the machines are properly shut down after production
- Job duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned.
- Fast paced environment in an automated, high-speed manufacturing facility
- Temperature controlled and clean working environment
- Must be able to lift up to 25-50 lbs
Recipe for Success:
- Completion of high school education or equivalent
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills and works well with others and independently
- Responsible and result oriented
- Strong sense of tight timelines
- 1 year Machine Operator experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read and write in English and fill out relevant work documents.
- Strong skills to work both independently and in a team
What We Offer:
- Competitive Group Benefits including Health Care, Dental & Vision
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Safety Shoe Allowance
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON L6T 5W2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person