Community Futures Thompson Country delivers the Employment Program of BC at the Work BC Merritt Employment Services Centre in Merritt providing support services for employers and individuals looking for work, career opportunities and skill development.
The Resource Centre Administrative Assistant provides exceptional front counter service while supporting the job search activities of clients who utilize the Resource Centre as well as providing administrative support to office staff. Responsibilities include assisting clients with using computers and the internet, maintaining up to date job postings, creating and typing resumes and cover letters and assisting with online applications. Office administration duties include performing reception duties, booking appointments processing client and government records/reports, inventory control of office supplies and creating promotional material such as brochures and flyers.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of an office administration/management certificate, or relevant diploma or degree
- 2-3 years recent, related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and operating printers/scanners and a multi-line phone system
- Familiarity with job search tools including resume/cover letter creation and completing online applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties and organize a heavy workload
- Ability to positively support and communicate with a diverse clientele with varied backgrounds
- An exceptional team player with the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- A strong understanding of the local labour market is an asset
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean criminal records check required
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: Starting at $19.00/hr
BENEFITS: Extensive Benefits Package
DATE POSTED: March 22, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Email applications must include “Resource Centre Assistant” in subject line.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Deborah Petrovitch, Site Manager.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Community Futures Thompson Country team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person