Make a Difference in YOUR Career!
Our vision is both simple and ambitious: to put our drinks on every table.
We are the leading global independent beverage solutions provider. We serve a broad range of national and international retailers as well as Global, National and Emerging (GNE) brands. Our products are distributed worldwide from our production sites in Europe, North America, and Australia. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading this while sipping one of our drinks.
Our ambition is to continually improve and it’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We are solutions-based. We are innovative. We seek out new challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it’s our people’s too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast-moving industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries of what’s best.
Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on every table?
Reporting to the Production Supervisor the machine operator is committed to providing the customer with the highest quality product in an efficient and cost effective manner. The Machine Operator is responsible for monitoring & operating machinery on the production lines to comply with the established standard operating practices for each customer.
The following are essential duties and responsibilities for this position of machine specific (i.e. Labeller, Filler, Depalletizer, Mead, Palletizer, Harkness, etc.) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Policies:
- Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the warehouse or production areas (including but not limited to hairnets/beard nets, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe boots and seatbelts while operating forklifts)
- Responsible to adhere to food quality and food safety as per quality standards and/or Safe Quality Food requirements.
- Must have an in-depth, operational knowledge of the machine being operated and other related equipment.
- Adhere to the production schedule and communicate with the Lead Hand, regarding problems or changes that may be necessary.
- Constantly monitor the line when running for down bottles/cans, low fills, faulty packaging, damage, missing or out of registration labels as applicable.
- Monitor finished product and/or cases for proper closures/seams, date and product codes and damaged or out of specification packaging.
- Follow all Quality Assurance and Production line standard operating procedures.
- Perform changeovers as efficiently and carefully as possible. Ensure that the correct settings and parts are installed and that no mechanical defects exist, that may cause damage to the equipment or product.
- Record all necessary information for production and quality records. Keep accurate downtime reports and documentation.
- Keep equipment and the surrounding area clean and free of debris at all times, including end of shift. Garbage and recycling containers must be emptied at the end of the shift.
- Work closely with all departments to improve quality, increase efficiencies, increase yields and eliminate out of specification or damaged product.
- Perform any other duties assigned by a Lead Hand, or Management
- Experience in a fast moving packaged goods environment, beverage production experience preferred
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid understanding of production machinery/forklifts, including an awareness of technical issues
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Formal training in areas such as WHIMIS, HACCP, Hygiene etc. preferred
- Forklift certification may be required
Education and Experience:
- High School Certification
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Physical - Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirements to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight.
- Visual/Sensory - This position requires regular need to give moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment - Work and environment are very repetitive.
- Mental Stress - There is pronounced pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks