Branch: Sylvan Lake, AB
Position: Personal Insurance Advisor
Status of Position: Full Time
Join our team and make a difference! We are passionate about taking care of our customers and ensuring we are there when they need us most. With over 200 community branches and 2,700 employees, we’re proud to say that BrokerLink has become one of Canada’s largest and most reliable insurance brokerages. We know how to serve you better because we know where you’re coming from. It’s the personal touch that counts!
We are looking for an Insurance Advisor to join our Personal Insurance Department!
As an insurance advisor, you will be providing quality front-line customer service by taking responsibility for the retention and account development of our existing clients and quoting and placing new business as required.
What you will be doing:
- Service on-going client needs, advise on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommend solutions, answer inquiries, conduct care calls and process renewals
- Sell new policies/write new business to existing or new clients, retain existing book of business
- Quote new business through outbound call initiatives, introductory letters and receiving walk-in clients
- Contact Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and policy
- Prepare documentation for insurers, completing applications for clients, issue insurance certificates, process changes and review renewals
- Keep current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- Participate in community marketing initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- High School and/or Post-Secondary Education
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience (previous insurance sales experience preferred but not required)
- Level 1 General license is preferred but not mandatory
- Exposure to Epic is an asset
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and credit check preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Commitment to your growth and development
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A competitive compensation package
- Flexible health and dental benefits package
- An RRSP with a company matching component
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ environment
- Be a part of a company that is one of Canada’s best employers (Named by Kincentric in 2021)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our values help guide us and our commitment to excel in all aspects of our business. Joining our team means you’ll have the opportunity to live our values.
Discover more about BrokerLink! Visit our new dedicated Webpage.
At BrokerLink, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Are you permanently eligible to work in Canada?
Work Location: In person