Join the KBL Team!
KBL Environmental Ltd. (KBL) is a Canadian business providing customers with waste management services and systems. We have proudly developed a culture of safety excellence, delivering quality services with a
reputation for innovation.
Our team consists of a group of like-minded individuals driven by the desire to excel in their roles and provide innovative environmental solutions. Our team is rooted in our core values of being diligent, resourceful, and responsible. These values drive the day-to-day operations at KBL and help to ensure our services are delivered with care and conscientiousness. To learn more about KBL please visit our website at www.kblenv.com.
If you are a driven, innovative, and inspired individual you might just be the perfect fit!
We are currently seeking to add an Environmental Technologist to our team on a rotational shift
Job Type: Full Time – Rotation (14 on / 7 off)
The Environmental Technologist is responsible for key tasks for environmental projects, including spill response, site assessment, and remediation, and monitoring of construction activities. Environmental Technologist responsibilities include fieldwork in remote locations, obtaining samples from various media, coordinating subcontractors and laboratory requisitions, and writing the summary and compliance reports.
The Environmental Technologist is also responsible for assisting the Project Manager in managing operations at soil treatment facilities operated by KBL, including soil/snow/water acceptance, treatment campaigns, confirmatory sampling, compliance monitoring, annual reporting, and budget tracking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field Work:
- Traveling to remote locations to complete fieldwork – work on a rotation of 14 days on and 7 days off
- Coordinating transportation, logistics, and subcontractors as directed by the Project Manager
- Collection of samples from various types of media (soil, groundwater, surface water, and air), ensuring that collection methods and procedures meet the technical requirements in place at the location the work is occurring.
- Other general duties, as required
- Complete soil and vegetation assessments
- Conduct wildlife sweeps before construction activities
- Monitor construction activities
- Complete daily reports
- Soil Treatment Facilities:
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager assist with the management of operations at the soil facilities
- Communicating with clients to ensure they understand the full capabilities of each individual facility; submitting pricing and acceptance criteria information
- Tracking incoming waste and invoicing clients for accepted waste
- Reviewing analytical data of waste destined for the facility to ensure it meets acceptance criteria
- Completing treatment campaigns of soil and water as required; collecting confirmatory samples
- Ensuring waste materials are documented and processed in a manner that allows for tracking individual sources from acceptance to treatment to removal
- Liaison with regulators to ensure that all facility compliance objectives are met; and
- Annual compliance sampling and reporting
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager assist with the:
- Obtaining third-party quotes for services required for project completion;
- Scheduling logistics, personnel, and subcontractors;
- Reviewing jurisdictional guidelines and protocols to ensure proper sample collection methods and data comparisons; aThey are reportinging of all technical aspects of project work completed, in a manner that meets client and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance, Health, and Safety Support:
- Lead by example and promote a culture of safety and environmental protection in the workplace. Ensure adherence to KBL’s Health and Safety Management System by having a good knowledge of safe work standards, policies, and procedures relevant to the facility and the work performed by facility personnel;
- Timely provision of HSE-related documents to the HSE Coordinator or Administrative personnel; and
- Ongoing equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Environmental Sciences (or similar);
- Specialized knowledge in the areas of environmental site assessment and remediation, including a sampling of soil, water, and air, interpretation of results, and reporting;
- Specialized knowledge in the areas of industrial hygiene including the sampling of lead-based paint, asbestos, and moulds would be considered an asset;
- Adept at working with little supervision, problem-solving and adapting to change;
- Able to find ways to obtain project objectives and deliverables, while maintaining time and budget constraints;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to interact with various types of stakeholders, regulators, and first nations;
- Experience with various types of environmental consulting projects and ability to problem solve in the field;
- Experience with soil and vegetation assessments
- Knowledge of Vegetation and weed identification
- Professional certifications such as EIT, AIT, Ag Tech, C.Tech, CET, and AScT, are considered an asset;
At times, it may be required to endure standing for long periods of time, lifting objects up to 100 lbs, performing repetitive motions, or completing physically demanding tasks during project fieldwork.
There is a possibility of cuts, bruises, straining, disease, and /or severe injury if safe work practices are not being followed.
Work is primarily carried out indoors, but project work in the field will be required. Therefore, there can be exposure to extreme weather along with exposure to dust, noise, mud, water, smoke, and bacteria.
What KBL offer’s the right candidate
- A rewarding career
- Long-term and stable employment
- Opportunity for growth
- The opportunity for continued learning
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Comfortable and modern workspace and amenities
- Competitive pay that matches your experience and qualifications
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.