CertainTeed Canada, Inc., a division of Saint-Gobain, has an exciting career opportunity for a EHS Mine Coordinator to join our team at our Invermere location.
This is a great chance to join a Top Employer and contribute to our growth and success by providing fast and sufficient support to our Canadian business.
What’s the job?
In complete alignment with the Company's Vision, Mission Statement and Values and under the direction of the Mining Development Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety, health and environmental needs of our Windermere Mine, Kootenay West Mine and Rail Load-Out Operations are met in the areas of policy, program, procedure, and implementation. This includes safety action plans, regulatory training and compliance, emergency preparation and response, safety inspections, incident investigations, root cause analysis and follow-up, and special projects.
This individual will work closely with the Mine Manager, Mine Supervisor, Employees and Contractors.
This position assures the mine and plant operates safely, in an environmentally responsible manner. Will train and coordinate hourly employees and mine contractors to meet all established business and safety standards.
- Facilitate, participate in, and/or coordinate employee involvement activities including safety committees, employee-led safety initiatives, safety improvement project teams, etc.
- Development and implementation of safety and environmental action plans including emergency response planning and drills.
- Maintenance of employee safety and environmental communications and training programs.
- Facilitate, participate or oversee safety and environmental inspections and ensure the management of compliance with regulatory safety requirements.
- Assist in accident/incident investigations – help with investigative process as well as ensuring follow up actions are applicable and completed in a timely fashion.
- Assist with site-specific training as required.
- Coordinate with other sites to share best practices and ensure consistency where appropriate.
- Accountable for maintaining a safe work environment. Must recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and property loss
- Work closely with the Mine Management and Supervisor to ensure safety, health and environmental compliance.
- Accountable to comply with Environmental regulations.
- Work closely with Contractors to ensure environmental compliance.
- Facilitate risk assessments with Contractors and ensure the mine Contractors are working in safely.
- Report performance results in accordance with company standards using assigned tools
- Openly and honestly communicate with employees and contractors to build trust and effective teamwork. Reviewing contractors’ safety materials and the qualifications of their personnel, as appropriate
- Coordinating safety training, coaching and orientations with mine employees and contractors.
- Create and maintain Emergency Response Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Hazard and Risk Assessments, Safe work practices, and any other safety related reports, procedures and documents as required
- Actively participate in ensuring all jobsites are safe including but not limited to ensuring the appropriate PPE, signage, work permits, guarding, covers, risk assessments, safe work procedures, safety tape, etc. are in place in advance of work commencement.
- Ensure Environmental samples (Water / Dust, etc.) are completed and sent out for analysis.
- Coordinate environmental contractors and consultants.
- Field work will be required as needed.
What do you bring?
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in the safety field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years directly related industrial experience, preferably in Mine safety and regulations
- The ability to provide leadership and innovation within this area of expertise
- Good interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook)
- CSO designation or equivalent
Why work for us?
- At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
To learn more about us visit www.certainteed.ca
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CertainTeed, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
Job Reference: CAN00456