LodgeLink, a Black Diamond Group Company, is a tech company headquartered in Calgary that delivers efficiency and cost control for complex workforce travel. We offer an-end-to-end crew travel management solution, from accommodation to transportation. We are the fastest growing ecosystem of hotels and lodges in North America. Learn more: www.lodgelink.com
LodgeLink is a caring company that applies innovative technology to transform workforce travel. We collaborate and share in a relentless pursuit to deliver superior customer experiences and help our customers get where they need to be. As a LodgeLink employee, you’ll join an agile, inventive, and dependable team with a bold vision to be the ecosystem for workforce travel.
We look for exceptional, diverse people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to join an innovative and rapidly growing company that is focused on customer success. People with a can-do team attitude, who are at their best when the pressure is on. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want a career, not a job, we might be made for each other.
As part of our Cloud and Data team for LodgeLink, your role as a DevOps Engineer is to support the design of innovative solutions to real business problems. You will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment and help implement architectural and development decisions and address technical debt on our Azure-based platform. You will assist in defining and shaping our product deployment standards and processes, ensuring that they complement and support future business growth.
The DevOps Engineer communicates confidently and effectively, “gets” the teams’ needs, understands the business and our technology stack, has a solid grasp of Azure, knows how to work with external and internal developers to explain, educate and implement our CI/CD pipeline and has strong social skills to help implement complex integrations.
The DevOps Engineer reports to the Manager & Solutions Architect and is responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and maintaining the integrity of the production environment.
We are looking for an experienced Azure DevOps engineer who will help our team expand our DevOps practice. You will work closely with the technology leadership team to streamline and improve our DevOps practices in the company.
Our Technology Stack
As a full-time member of our growing team, you will have the opportunity to expand our DevOps practice while deploying new features on our current core stack of React, GraphQL and Node hosted on the Azure platform.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and optimize current CI/CD pipelines
- Promote changes through environments
- Plan and lead production releases
- Investigate production issues and perform root cause analysis
- Train and guide the product team in DevOps practices
- Proactively monitor platform resource utilization
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Ensure the security and stability of the platform
- 3 – 5 years of experience in DevOps in an Azure environment using technologies such as Git, PowerShell, Azure DevOps CI/CD toolset or similar
- Proven experience establishing a CI/CD pipeline in a cloud environment and guiding teams in DevOps practices
- Experience planning and orchestrating production releases
- Familiarity with best practices relating to site reliability
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proven experience and success in Azure DevOps / Portal Administration and MySQL (or similar) are important, as well as a working understanding of code and script
- Prior software development experience is a definite asset
- Experience automating infrastructure and a strong grasp of “Infrastructure as code”
- A College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
For more information, please visit - www.lodgelink.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Black Diamond Group Limited is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.