We are searching for an enthusiastic, talented, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Detailer Trainee.
Detail simple projects with supervision and provide concise, accurate, and complete descriptions of all reinforcing steel, bar supports, mesh wire and related products for fabrication, delivery, installation and invoicing in the most efficient manner possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Nucor Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
- Develop a working knowledge of AutoCAD and the basics of Nucor Harris Rebar’s detailing system (RebarCAD).
- Develop basic knowledge of the reinforcing bar industry, including reference material (i.e., CRSI and ACI).
- Review and verify the date of contract documents (plans, addenda, and specs) received and compare against the date on the proposal/estimate.
- Detail simple projects with little or no assistance (i.e., simple foundations, walls, footings, piers, slabs, stairs, retaining walls and other products as required).
- Submit placing drawings for approval and make sure they conform to ACI 318, CRSI, or RSIC, the Branch quality assurance and the placer/shop requirements.
- Process change orders to maximize all possible returns for the Branch.
- Maintain all deliveries for fabrication.
- Communicate with customer, placer, and Architect/Engineer on all questions relating to the project; submit Requests for Information (RFI) as required.
- Work with Detailing Manager to ensure that all specialty items are pre-ordered to maintain construction schedules.
- Under the direction of management, be involved in all construction conflicts/disputes (whether contractor, placer, detailer, or shop) and help with a resolution that is a timely and cost-effective solution.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss safety, innovative ideas, workloads, availability, issues, and problems of the week for all to learn and share.
- Compare the progression of the project's detailed weight against the contract weight.
- Identify and develop information required to inform the customer of any changes (time and/or material) to the contract, including the completion of change order forms.
- Review all claims of shortages or errors.
- Ensure proper coding of all bar lists.
- Follow one or more projects from estimate through detailing and fabrication to installation at the job site.
- Perform other duties as required by your supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Vocational certificate in CAD design/drafting issued from an accredited school or college or currently enrolled.
- Two-year technical diploma from an accredited school or college
- Basic knowledge of construction or civil technology
- At least six months of experience with AutoCAD and Windows-based software
- Ability to read architectural/engineering blueprints
- Ability to work as a team member on projects with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Construction and concrete-related construction knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Extended health, dental and vision care
- Company RSP program with employer match
- Company stock purchase plan
- Scholarship program
- Career advancement opportunities