The Health and Safety Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing effective health, safety, and environmental (HSE) programs in accordance with local and federal regulations. The successful candidate will have a strong background in HSE management, excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Assist site operations to ensure compliance with current Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and safety rules
- Educate and guide Site Foreman on safety best practices, OHS legislation, and site-specific safety-related matters/requirements
- Train, coach and guide Site Foreman, employees, and sub-contractors to ensure unsafe conditions/acts are corrected, and safe work practices are followed
- Conduct follow-up with injured workers as necessary – including up to date records, action items and return to work programs.
- Maintain accurate HSE records and reports including Incident & investigation reports, site inspections, first aid records and safety meetings
- Conduct HSE training for employees, including new hire orientation and organize/schedule required safety and task specific training.
- Conduct HSE inspections and audits, identify potential hazards, and implement corrective actions
- Assist field team in their responsibilities with regards to management of health and safety issues and standards with minimal interruption to site operations.
- Participate and assist in the development and sourcing of new safety products ensuring consistency and financial prudence.
- Develop, implement, monitor and maintain HSE programs and safe work practices/procedures
- Maintain the companies COR Certification
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate and/or Diploma.
- Min 3 years Construction/Infrastructure health and safety experience.
- In depth knowledge of WSBC OH&S regulations
- Professional certification in HSE (CSO/NCSO/NHSA) is an asset.
- Experience with SiteDocs is an asset
- Holder of Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or is working towards the designation considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$34.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-15
Expected start date: 2023-05-15