SIRKit is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) established in 2007. We deliver efficient service by focusing on documented, repeatable processes and automation. Our work’s efficiency allows us to deliver significant value to our clients while compensating our team fairly. Our clients are accustomed to a friendly, outgoing, and engaging experience, and every person on our team is responsible for maintaining that experience. Our mission is to build long-term relationships, be accountable, and protect our partners.
We expect all our employees to live our values:
- Security First – Protecting you; above everything else.
- Live Honestly – Authentic personalities and honest advice.
- Accountable – We keep our commitments and stand behind our work.
- Kaizen – Dedicated to continuous improvement.
- We F***ing Care – Passionate service that demonstrates commitment to our team, clients, and business partners.
What's great about SIRKit?
SIRKit provides an inclusive environment of like-minded technology professionals working towards a common goal. We put service ahead of sales, as our company was built by and is still run by technicians; our leadership team is entirely composed of former technicians. We pride ourselves on hiring the best, compensating fairly, and having fun on the job. We don’t compromise on technology or security and always ensure we provide the best solutions. We hire and train before we grow, so we’re not playing catch up. We embody the Kaizen mindset, and we’re always willing to do the work to improve and solve issues.
Additionally, we provide the following great benefits to our team:
- Three weeks of vacation starting and four weeks after three years
- Six personal days per year
- Free lunch every Friday
- Friday Happy Hour
- 1.5x paid overtime
- Open pay bands, accountability, and growth options
- Paid training and certifications
- Fun social events
- Leave 2 hours early before long weekends to beat the traffic
Don’t take our word for it; here’s some feedback from our team:
Compliance Analyst, 4 years with SIRKit:
SIRKit is very open to feedback. Everyone's opinions matter and if there's a process that can be improved, we don't get caught up in months of discussions and approvals from higher-ups. We can go from an idea in an L10 meeting one week to having it fully implemented the next week.
Service Dispatcher, 1 year with SIRKit:
SIRKit Management cares about their employees. SIRKit created a fun, inclusive work environment for all to grow and learn in.
Service Technician, 1 year with SIRKit:
Coffee trips and lunches bought for the office along with the social events
vCIO, 6 months with SIRKit:
What's great about SIRKit? - What's not great about SIRKit! How everyone cares about providing solution-based services and not break-fix. How the culture is very supportive and close "family". Everyone is out to help each other, and we all work towards a common goal.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the IT Service Analyst reacts to clients experiencing technical problems and will be involved in various activities, including basic and advanced incidents, change requests, and security response. The position is heavily focused on providing exceptional customer care and solving client issues promptly and courteously. IT Service Analysts work as a member of the service team in a fast-paced environment to ensure that clients’ needs are met promptly and professionally. Most tasks are performed from the office using remote tools, but on-site work at client offices inside and outside of Edmonton is required occasionally and in times of emergency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Client Contact and Problem Identification
- Create tickets based on calls, emails, alerts and proactive discovery
- Answer incoming requests from clients and solve their issues live with a focus on first call resolution
- Maintain a healthy ticket queue and communicate with clients to ensure the issue or request is thoroughly understood and prioritized effectively
- Assess the issue or request presented by the client, identify actual or potential causes, and assist with remediation
- Communicate appropriately with clients and provide valuable updates on their tickets
- Identify trends to mitigate potential widespread issues or prevent rework
- Escalate issues appropriately within the Service Desk team
Client Assistance/Problem Resolution
- Assist team members with keeping the overall ticket queue healthy and under control
- Prioritize work appropriately based upon urgency, importance, the time required, etc.
- Follow the core ticket procedures to ensure a consistent response is given to each incident
- Add, remove, configure, deploy, and support user accounts, mailboxes, computers, and mobile devices
- Add, remove, configure, deploy, and support servers, networking equipment, and other infrastructure
- Install, configure, and support client-server software for a variety of platforms
- Provide remote and occasional on-site assistance for new equipment
- Diagnose hardware and software issues on a variety of systems
- Perform basic and advanced network and Internet troubleshooting
- Support and assist team members with tickets and changes
- Partake in and assist other team members with after-hours on-call duties
- Complete client maintenance procedures and resulting follow-up tasks promptly
- Maintain a healthy level of communication with clients and colleagues to ensure everyone is kept up to date on the progress of a ticket, even when progress is slow or not ideal
- Follow best practices and implement supportable solutions
General Administration and Other Duties
- Consistently model and promote SIRKit’s Core Values and Mission.
- Deliver relevant training and provide education and support to other team members
- Keep client documentation up to date
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with coworkers, including providing and accepting constructive feedback
- Keep your timesheet up to date by entering time continuously in real-time
- Submit timesheets and expenses on or before the required due dates.
- Coordinate queue coverage for lunch, breaks and on-site visits with the team
- Propose and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies
- Adhere to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and corporate policies to ensure consistency and maintaining SIRKit’s overall levels of security
- Maintain a clean personal workspace and contribute to shared office tasks
- Document ’tribal knowledge’, where possible
- 3+ years of experience providing technical support to business customers
- 3+ years of experience supporting desktop and server hardware, including their components, assembly, and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience supporting Windows operating systems, specifically Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11, as well as standard productivity suites like Microsoft Office (Experience with Apple hardware and software an asset)
- 3+ years of networking fundamentals experience, including IPV4, DHCP, DNS, and Routing
- 2+ years of experience supporting Active-Directory (E.g. Group-Policies, OUs, Security, Users, Groups, Sites & Services, DNS, Powershell, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience supporting Office 365, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive
- Apple macOS Experience is an asset
- Advanced Windows Server experience, ConnectWise or similar ticketing system experience and Homelab experience would be considered assets
- A combination of education and relevant work experience considered instead of the above requirements
- Comprehensive verbal, listening and written communication skills and the ability to continually develop and enhance soft skills to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Ability to answer incoming calls professionally and think on your feet to resolve issues live
- Ability to engage others in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to convey technical concepts and terms to clients in a non-technical, clear, concise and easily understandable manner and be able to explain complex issues in simple terms
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to analyze issues, identify solutions and resolve problems utilizing best practices and options
- Organizational and time management skills to provide timely support to clients waiting for a resolution to their problem
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and other SIRKit software applications
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently and operate effectively in a complex multi-client environment
- Ability to deal with stressful situations while remaining calm and composed
- Ability to continually develop and expand a technical skillset
- Flexibility to work with unique line-of-business applications specific to the clients’ need
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
We are currently providing hybrid work schedules (3 days a week in the office) and are following all provincial and municipal regulations.
- Help desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta Driver's License (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonton, AB T6X 1W8