Printful is an on-demand printing and fulfillment company that helps people turn their ideas into brands and products. We fulfill and ship custom clothing, accessories, and home & living items for online businesses. Since its founding in 2013, Printful has scaled to a vast team of experts across fulfillment centers worldwide and has become the first company with Latvian roots to reach unicorn status (valued at over $1B).
Working at Printful is exciting and challenging. We try to improve our skills and learn something new every day. We value integrity, initiative, and respectful, transparent relationships that allow us to grow as individuals, teams, and a company.
At Printful, we stand for an inclusive, accepting, and welcoming space for everyone and strive to foster an environment of diversity and a sense of belonging.
Build your career with friendly and passionate people who never forget to have fun along the way.
The Machine Maintenance Tech Lead plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our machines. By scheduling and conducting maintenance and adhering to procedures, they help to guarantee the safety and compliance of our facilities. This position provides an opportunity to lead and support our team while enforcing important policies. With the guidance of the Facilities Manager and Technical Support Manager, the Machine Maintenance Lead can truly make a difference in our operations.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Lead and coordinate efforts of the maintenance team.
- Create and coordinate schedules and time-off requests ensuring complete coverage.
- Conduct monthly employee reviews to ensure employee’s meet our standards.
- Oversee auditing of team members’ work in regards to quality and efficiency.
- Provide feedback to maintenance team members based on their performance.
- Coordinate maintenance training and development for current employees and new hires.
- Utilize available data to recognize patterns and create plans to reduce machine downtime.
- Develops and oversees the PM Schedule with advice from the Facilities Manager
- Works with the FM to help facilitate R&D of new equipment, as needed.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment issues, as needed.
- Maintain and oversee machine spare parts inventory.
- Coordinate creation of SOPs to streamline maintenance processes.
- Continue to develop a shared knowledge base to include internal and OEM documentation.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years leading maintenance actions, preferably in an industrial setting, or must be a current Machine Maintenance Technician with Printful for six (6) months or more.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals and schematics
- Proficient in mechanical and electrical diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Physical ability to regularly lift objects weighing 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
In this role, we’ll expect you to:
- Be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to multitask
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
- Have strong organizational and project management skills
- Be punctual and reliable
- Prioritize safety or OSHA standards
- Have an analytical and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Multi-task and manage your time well
- Have an eye for detail
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Free coffee and snacks on-site
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A fast-paced e-commerce environment where you can learn and grow
Printful is growing. Come grow with us!
If you think you’d excel in this role, send us your resume!
Interested, but don’t think this is the right fit for you? Feel free to share it with friends and check out other open positions at Printful. We’re always looking for creative and driven minds to join our ever-growing team!
Printful provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Printful complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Printful expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Printful’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5L 5Y4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (required)
- Leadership: 3 years (required)
- machine tech: 1 year (required)
- machine maintenance: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person