Software engineers at NOV are passionate about working on technologies that improve the way the oil services industry has traditionally operated. We are a diverse team working with the latest technologies to ensure that we can deliver the best value
NOV’s mission is to push the boundaries of what is possible by using the latest technologies. Our products bring information where it is needed in real-time to facilitate critical decisions, promote automation, and decrease operational costs.
The ideal candidate is one who has a passion for learning, keeping up to date, and coming up with creative solutions to complex problems. NOV offers an environment where you will have a chance to learn and work in a team-based setting with exceptional people. We provide an open atmosphere where better ways of doing things are encouraged, and people are inspired to perform at their fullest potential.
Software engineers contribute to the team’s success by analyzing requirements and designing creative solutions. They are then responsible for seeing through the implementation of this solution through the software development life cycle. The ideal candidate should be able to independently solve complex problems and be able to work under a limited direction in a fast-paced environment. Also, software engineers should be able to collaborate well with other engineers as well as other groups. The position requires a quick learner with a passion for using cutting-edge technology.
- Write clean, modular, and reliable code
- Research and keep up to date with new and upcoming technologies
- Debug software issues
- Work with product managers to determine requirements
- Document your work
- Possess a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development preferred.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Investigate, analyze, correct, and document reported defects
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with an OO programming language such as C#, C++, or Java, and OO concepts
- Strong technical proficiency, ability to understand and troubleshoot complex algorithms
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to new problems
- .NET Development experience
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread synchronization
- Understanding of memory management, and algorithms vs memory performance
- SPA / Full-stack software development, Angular/Typescript
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit: https://www.nov.com/Careers
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind : NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. National Oilwell Varco values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, Employer retirement plan contributions, Health Spending account and employer paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization and an Educational Assistance Program
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
Within NOV Wellbore Technologies, we enhance drilling performance at the rig, both on land and offshore. We understand the complete process and anticipate what our customers need to be successful.