Printful is an on-demand printing and fulfillment company that helps people turn their ideas into brands and products. We fulfill and ship custom clothing, accessories, and home & living items for online businesses. Since its founding in 2013, Printful has scaled to a vast team of experts across fulfillment centers worldwide and has become the first company with Latvian roots to reach unicorn status (valued at over $1B).
Working at Printful is exciting and challenging. We try to improve our skills and learn something new every day. We value integrity, initiative, and respectful, transparent relationships that allow us to grow as individuals, teams, and a company.
At Printful, we stand for an inclusive, accepting, and welcoming space for everyone and strive to foster an environment of diversity and a sense of belonging.
If you're ever wondering who's in charge of making sure Printful's facilities are always clean, secure, and safe for everyone, that would be the Facilities Supervisor. They lead the maintenance and custodial teams, and their main responsibility is to manage projects, maintain equipment and machines, conduct safety inspections, and enforce parking rules. To do all of that, the Maintenance Supervisor needs to have awesome organizational skills and strong leadership qualities.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Leading and supervising the facilities team (custodians, facilities, maintenance and coordinators) providing guidance, training and support to ensure efficient workflow and high-quality workmanship.
- Planning and coordinating facility resources (equipment, personnel, and inventory) to maintain optimal performance of all facility-related processes/systems such as gas, water, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Effectively maintaining forklifts, aerial lifts, and order picking equipment in a safe and controlled manner; ensure competence in the operation of this equipment.
- Ensuring OSHA guidelines are followed throughout the facility.
- Planning and organizing building improvements, renovations, and capital equipment installations.
- Maintaining and monitoring all facility equipment and amenities along with overseeing their repair.
- Ensure that the facility is thoroughly cleaned and maintained both from a sanitary and aesthetic point of view.
- Train, develop, mentor, and continuously evaluate your team members.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years experience in a supervisory role for a manufacturing/warehousing operation.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Knowledge of and work experience with Five-S lean processes and CMMS.
- Knowledge of facilities' electrical infrastructure, Gas lines, Plumbing, HVAC systems, and Networking infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety (OSHA) regulations.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience working with IT and networking systems is a plus.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Technical Post-Secondary Diploma or Bachelor's Degree
- Lean Manufacturing - 5S and Six Sigma philosophies
- PLC and Controls parameters
- Knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems.
- Establish working relationships with other employees and leadership
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Free coffee and snacks
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A fun and engaging position in a fast-paced environment
Printful is growing. Come grow with us!
If you think you’d excel in this role, send us your resume and a cover letter showing us why you’re the right person for the job!
Interested, but don’t think this is the right fit for you? Feel free to share it with friends and check out otheropen positions at Printful. We’re always looking for creative and driven minds to join our ever-growing team.
Printful provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Printful complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Printful expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Printful’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: From $66,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 3 years (required)
- Leadership: 3 years (required)
- Lean manufacturing: 3 years (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (required)
- Facilities maintenance: 3 years (required)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person