Position Title: Contract Support officer (Fuel Distribution)
Location: 1645 Inkster Blvd, Winnipeg MB
Benefits of working at Arctic Co-ops include
- a competitive salary,
- annual vacation (accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation time in first year),
- employer-matched pension plan,
- comprehensive group benefits plan,
- career development opportunities,
- annual performance plans,
- and an environment where employees are encouraged, supported and recognized
- Hybrid working environment
Reporting to the Manager, Business Support Services and working within a team of Contract Support Officers, this position is responsible for providing support and guidance for all aspects of petroleum distribution, and other non-retail business units in the Member Co-operatives. The primary focus of this role is to provide support to the management and staff of each Co-op to successfully operate their fuel business. This support includes the areas of contract and regulatory compliance, administration, sales, distribution, asset maintenance and inventory management of heating fuel, gasoline, camping fuel and aircraft re-fueling services. The Contract Support Officer will audit and report, to various stakeholders, the operational performance, regulatory and contract compliance of the fuel operations, provide recommendations, best practices, and develop action plans for improved operational performance. Contract support Officers also develop and deliver ongoing training and support to Co-op management and staff to enable the Co-operatives to provide a high level of service to members and the community at large.
While the primary focus of the position is the fuel distribution business, the incumbent will also provide support and assistance to the Co-operatives in other areas of their non-retail business operations as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Using a combination of in community and virtual visits, audit, report and make recommendations related to fuel delivery operations in assigned Co-operatives.
· In collaboration with other departments, support a vehicle maintenance program for servicing of vehicles and other fuel operation assets, which will meet or exceed the requirements of the contracting authority and ensure proper operations.
· Ensure an invoice coding system is maintained to document the Co-operatives’ expenditures and to charge back any major expenses to the contracting authority.
· Provide assistance to Member Co-operatives in inventory control of petroleum products including tank dips, reconciliations, receiving product at resupply and records of product transfer between tanks.
· Maintain records of Member Co-operatives petroleum operations, including records of petroleum sales, control of credit, movement of petroleum, vehicle maintenance, petroleum service expenditures, staff qualifications, training, and any other documents required.
· Analyze records to ensure Member Co-operatives are meeting all requirements of fuel delivery contracts; alert Department and Division Manager of any variances resulting from the analysis of the records to enable remedial action to be taken.
· Balance monthly Tank Gauge Report, meter readings and tank dips to the Point of Sale system to assist in variance control.
· Provide assistance to Member Co-operatives on an as needed basis to resolve ad hoc problems in a manner that will maintain the required level of service, meet regulatory requirements and enhance the Co-operative’s image.
· Collaborate with the member Co-ops and other stakeholders such as governmental authorities, vendors, and other Arctic Co-operative departments to support optimal operations and maintain lines of communication.
· Provide ongoing training to the management and staff of Member Co-operatives’ fuel delivery, and other non-retail businesses in operations, administration, service delivery, regulatory requirements, safety procedures, customer service and other topics as required.
· Provide regular review and monitoring of financial statements of fuel operations and other assigned, non-retail business units; work with General Managers and District Support Advisors to implement solutions for enhancing operational and financial performance.
· Generate and maintain management reports for various stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
· As a part of a Contract Support Team, provide backup for the other members of the Business Support Services Department as required.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proven background in one of the following: business management, accounting, operational support or business analysis
· Success in developing and delivering staff training in a business environment. Preference will be given to those with experience training indigenous team members.
· Proven background in one of the following: business management, accounting, operational support, or business analysis
· Experience in managing projects
· Ability to understand and interpret health, safety, and environmental regulations.
· Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and administrative skills.
· Solid functional knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft TEAMS, Zoom, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Publisher at the intermediate level.
· Physically able to climb stairs on fuel tanks 10 meters high.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Able to work effectively within a team and work independently when required
· Proven ability to build relationships and work effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
· Experience in fuel/liquid gas operations, business or project management would be considered an asset.
· Proven commitment learning proprietary systems and to personal growth and development for yourself and those you support.
· Ability to travel to the Arctic approximately 90 to 120 days per year; travel may be up to 2 weeks at a time.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $4,972.00-$5,850.00 per month
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you willing to travel to Nunavut or Northwest Territories for approximately 90-120 days per year for up to 2 weeks at a time?
Work Location: In person