Embedded Systems Engineer
About Deep Vision
Deep Vision is based in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with over 20 years of experience developing novel machine perception technology, a specialized form of AI, to enable autonomous systems. We operate in both the defence and civilian domains. Currently, Deep Vision is focused on maritime and ocean applications including fully autonomous target detection and tracking, passive obstacle avoidance for Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs), real-time marine mammal detection, and Maritime Search & Rescue using fixed-wing UAVs (no operator necessary).
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Edge-AI for autonomous systems in software-only and hardware/software environments, including execution of integration tests to validate hardware to software interfaces, software to software interfaces, and functionality.
Position Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Reports To: CEO
Employee Type: Full Time, 40 hrs / week
Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Participate in the engineering design process to support embedded system development.
- Develop embedded applications involving real-time signal processing on SBC’s and low powered micro-controllers.
- Work within a team to create embedded system solutions for a range of new products and improve those of existing ones.
- Participate in schematic reviews to optimize hardware and firmware integration.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and verification of all aspects of system function.
- Provide detailed documentation for designs, algorithms, code, and project tracking.
- Excellent C/C++ software development skills. RUST an asset.
- Experience with, and good understanding of, the Linux operating system.
- Strong firmware, software and system design skills.
- Experience with SBC’s, micro controllers, embedded systems, digital and analogue circuits.
- Understanding of common hardware communication interfaces, e.g. USB, UART, CAN etc.
- Ability to develop, or be willing to learn to develop, low-level drivers.
- Experience with open source build tools, e.g. GCC tool chain, Meson etc.
- Experience using open source libraries and IDE’s, e.g. SDL, Qt, FFmpeg, Kdevelop etc.
- Capable of taking designs from concept, to requirements, to code, to test, to production
- Self-initiated, resilient, dynamic, pragmatic, creative
- Ability to adapt and learn as needed
- A pro-active attitude to work
- Attention to detail
- BSc. in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science or similar.
- Canadian citizenship – dual nationality would be an asset.
- UK security clearance (or willing and able to obtain).
- Valid driver’s license.
Why Work for Deep Vision
- Starting salary of $60,000 with review after 1 year of employment.
- Convenient downtown Dartmouth location with personal office.
- Highly flexible work schedule, with importance on healthy work-life balance.
- Hybrid work from home schedule.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement within company.
- Two weeks vacation, plus all official holidays.
- Extended paid leave over Christmas holiday period.
- Potential for international travel.
All applications must be received via email at [email protected] Applications should include a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest. For more information about Deep Vision Inc. please visit www.deepvision.ca
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4P5