Requisition ID: 176237
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Delivery driver - Part time (available week days and weekends needed)
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia
City: Port Moody
Location: 9470 Port Moody Thrifty
Postal Code: V3H 0E7
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Delivery Driver Level 1 will ensure the timely and accurate distribution of goods from various Thrifty Foods locations to homes and businesses of our customers. The Drivers will always be cognizant of the integrity and safety of the materials they transport. The Drivers will be responsible for accepting varying forms of payment and will be required to balance accounts at the end of each working day. The Delivery Drivers will do their utmost to keep customers satisfied by being friendly, courteous, thorough, and on time. The Delivery Driver models outstanding leadership, interpersonal skills, teamwork, superior judgment, decision making and commitment to the success of the Thrifty Foods team.
- Separate dirty totes from clean totes and advise COMP which totes are dirty
- Complete cleaning logs as required
- Accept clean plastic bags from customers and return them to the store recycling bag for clean plastic bags
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of Thrifty Foods policies and procedures
- Perform daily vehicle maintenance check and accurately updates travel log of vehicle mileage and maintenance
- Accurately follow all cash handling procedures
- Keep delivery vehicle clean, safe, and presentable at all times. Report any safety or operational equipment problems promptly
- Perform pre and post vehicle inspection to ensure vehicle operates in a safe manner and in compliance with all Thrifty Foods and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Complete stock transfer forms on all stock transfer movements
- Attend quarterly driver meetings
- Plan and coordinate deliveries in an efficient and timely manner to ensure orders are delivered according to scheduled times
- Load orders, verify them for accuracy, ensure orders are secure and stable
- Check in regularly with dispatch
- Retrieve buggies as directed by dispatch and completing the required forms
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Good Business / Industry Knowledge
- Consistently dependable, conscientious & punctual
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- High School Diploma
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Enthused Selling
- Retail store
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.