Are you looking for a long-term career and not just a job?
Laurel Steel, located in Burlington is looking to add the best candidates to fill our Entry Level – Material handler positions.
The material handler is responsible for safely operating the banding and crane equipment, and assisting machine operators in a productive manner to produce high-quality finished materials.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Laurel Steel’s vision and values.
- Operate overhead crane.
- banding of bundles to internal and/or external customer specifications and transport finished goods to the storage system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Continuously identify and improve in SAFETY, QUALITY, and PRODUCTIVITY aspects of the work environment.
High school diploma
- Ability to initiate, lead and uphold safety practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- Positive attitude, with the willingness to learn
- Ability to work rotational shifts, and overtime when required
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work in an indoor non-climate-controlled environment
Why should you work at Laurel Steel?
- Your safety is important to us!·
-Starting hourly rate - is $24.96 per hour with an increase after 1 year
- Opportunity for growth
- Production Bonus
- Nucor Profit Sharing
- Safety Boot & Clothing Allowance through Marks
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits
- Health Care Spending Account
- RRSP Contribution with company contribution
- Nucor Stock Purchase Program
- Training opportunities
- Post Secondary Scholarship Program for Teammates dependents
Laurel Steel is an equal opportunity employer that provides an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process.