BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA. has an opening for a Shift Stationary Engineer. This is a* casual position* located in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing corrective and predictive maintenance on industrial process and research equipment in a production environment.
- Performing troubleshooting and diagnostic repairs on process and research equipment.
- Responsible for all utility services, purified water system and tank farm, including completions of all necessary logs for power boiler permits.
- Providing quick and innovative solutions to equipment and process malfunctions.
- Performing maintenance and calibration tasks as required on equipment and utilities & update Blue Mountain software as tasks are completed.
- Assisting in the commissioning and qualification of equipment and utilities.
- Writing and revising preventative maintenance records for the equipment and utilities.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- 3rd or 4th Class Stationary Engineer's license.
- Electromechanical Technology diploma or equivalent would be an asset.
- One years’ experience working in a chemical manufacturing facility in the operation, maintenance, and repair of complex building systems.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
*Note: Employees are eligible to apply for internal positions once they have completed a minimum of one year of service in their current position.
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual