WHO ARE WE
Elim Village is a not-for-profit organization with two developing comprehensive Christian older adult’s communities located in Surrey and Chilliwack B.C. Elim Village offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a working environment that embraces Christian principles and beliefs and pursues the highest standards in business and care operations. With our campus of care model, our approach is integrative and team oriented. Our core values emphasize the relationships we hold with residents, staff, and stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Wellness Assistant. This position will carry out client-focused activities / programs and events that will enhance client’s quality of life with meaning and purpose. This position will report to the Wellness Manager.
This position is subject to union membership, per contract the starting hourly rate is $28.74
- Completion of a minimum of a 2 year recognized Therapeutic Recreation Program.
- Preferred two years recent, related experience in a long-term care environment.
- A valid Class 4 vehicle license (unrestricted).
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Preferred Functional Fitness Certificate or Gerontology Fitness Certificate, or related fitness training.
- Preferred specialized training on programing for individuals with dementia.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Carries out resident activity programs such as arts and crafts, sports, music, woodworking, cooking, gardening and exercises as directed.
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents to and from activities using safe practices.
- Promotes cognitive abilities in residents through activities such as reading to residents, playing music, crosswords, word puzzles, current events, quest speakers and continued learning.
- Promotes community involvement through liaison with volunteers and organizations, families and friends.
- Prepares areas for activities, maintains recreation equipment, reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the supervisor and keeps activity areas safe, clean and tidy.
- Observes and reports any changes in resident’s functional and cognitive behavior to the nurse on duty, and documents changes in progress notes.
- Works with Wellness Coordinator in creating and updating care plan goals for residents.
- Assists in the activities of daily living of the residents as required.
- Assesses programs to ensure they meet the goals and needs of individual residents.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned.
Job Type: Casual, Full-Time, Part-time
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Salary: From $28.74 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC V4N 2X7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person