The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to electrical safety improvements, trouble shooting, electrical HV & LV maintenance, machine modification, repair & re-wiring, and projects in the trades of electrical, PLC troubleshooting & programming, variable frequency Drive configuring & troubleshooting, High Voltage (600VAC & 240VAC) & Low Voltage (120VAC & 24VDC) work on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable WorkSafeBC regulation, CSA Electrical code & complying with company policies
- Carries out preventive maintenance / repairs on all building and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman or the Production Supervisor
- Responds to emergency calls and carries out break down repairs as required on electrical & automation issues
- Reports major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or when extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman
- Works jointly with the Production Lead-hands and Supervisors and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Assists in the Root Cause Analysis process to determine immediate cause and help develop sustaining counter-measures for electrical & automation related downtime
- Maintains a wide variety of electrical tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by WorkSafeBC Regulation
- Assists in the electrical design, fabrication and installation of new production equipment
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Performs other shift duties or undertake projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Liaison with contractors & suppliers on projects & initiatives as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promotes and follows all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Required Licensed Industrial Electrician in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- Required PLC Ticket/Certification or a minimum 5 years PLC experience troubleshooting & programming ladder logic and variable Speed Drives
- Required good written & verbal English skills.
- Minimum 2 year work experience as a maintenance electrician in a food manufacturing background
- Additional Tickets such as Field Safety Rep – FSR Class ‘B’ or Class ‘A’, Power engineer ticket (Class 5 minimum) etc. a plus and will be evaluated by the hiring manager
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential.
- Able to work indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, scissor lifts Etc.
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position.
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable.
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.