The Automotive Service Advisor communicates directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. This role is the link between the technician and the customer. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience. Shifts will include evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Understands customer needs and provides them with a complete solution.
- Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Service Centre.
- Manages customer concerns and problems promptly.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Ensures a smooth flow of communication with customers during repairs or maintenance work.
- Completes and reviews repair orders with customers.
- Estimates cost and time for service and repairs needs. Ensures final invoice is the same as estimate and vehicle is delivered on time.
- Acts as liaison between customers and technicians and manages the status of work orders.
- Schedules service and repair appointments.
- Operates computerized work order systems.
- Engages in learning activities and coaching to improve their own abilities.
- Shares potential opportunities or suggestions with the Service Manager to help the Automotive Service Centre be more profitable and to increase sales.
- Complies with company, store and department policies and health & safety program and regulations.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components of automobiles.
- Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
- Basic math and keyboarding skills.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre, is considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence for province of employment.
Required Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
- Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks.
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
- Other automotive, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire Service Centres across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark's, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Going up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
- Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.