The Gisborne Group
From constructability through to foundations, structural steel, mechanical, piping , fire protection and commissioning, Gisborne provides construction services for the Mining Industry in across Canada.
We are looking for experienced Mechanical Supervisor with mechanical and piping experience to lead a job in Ontario.
- Manages and coordinates all mechanical activities with subcontractors and related Gisborne personnel ensuring that work is completed as per the schedule and in accordance with both client and Gisborne specifications.
- Accountable for the usage and management of all tools and equipment.
- Selects appropriate construction equipment related to the mechanical scope of work and ensures it is available and delivered to site in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Manages costs through proactive planning and utilizes Gisborne Resources as a first source where practical.
- Establishes effective communication with consultants, sub-contractors and clients as required.
- Submissions of cost coded timesheets, quantity reports, purchase orders, delivery slips, QA/QC documentation, daily reports and all administrative tracking/management documents as required by the Project.
- Reviews all plans, specifications and project documentation related to mechanical activities for the purposes of discrepancies and constructability review. Reports all findings in a timely manner to the General Superintendent.
- Manages and tracks potential contract changes in relation to mechanical activities. Tracks and reports labour/material/subcontractor time and material field activities.
- Issue site instructions to subcontractors and Gisborne self-perform work. Any site instructions that have a schedule and cost impact need to be signed off by the Project Manager and the Client
- Journeyperson Millwright trade certificate
- A minimum of 5 years trade experience or relevant post-secondary education
- A minimum 3 years relevant site leadership experience (on site experience mandatory).
This can be concurrent with 5 years relevant experience noted above.
- Demonstrated competency in a General Foreperson role.
- Current Leadership for Safety Excellence and Mine Supervisor certification (as required)
- Up to date safety training relevant to the requirements of the Project.
- The Mechanical Superintendent must demonstrate Gisborne’s Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Continuous Improvement & Client Focus
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
- Basic working knowledge of - MS Outlook, Excel, Word & Project.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to manage performance and effectively deliver constructive feedback.
- A good understanding of productivity and quality control.
- A basic understanding and use of scheduling skills.
- Good negotiating ability.
- The ability to build and align a small team to a common goal.
- A basic set of conflict management skills combined with the ability to find creative solutions and or resolutions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Millwright Certification (required)
Work Location: In person