On behalf of our client, Black Cat Wear Parts, we are recruiting for a Maintenance Foreman to join their team in Selkirk, Manitoba. This role involves coordinating the daily activities of a multi-disciplinary team of skilled tradesmen who maintain a 24-hour manufacturing facility.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Technical Manager, the Maintenance Foreman will manage all facets of plant and equipment maintenance. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills to plan and schedule maintenance tasks, manage employee development and performance and manage vendors and contractors. Effective teamwork with their production group and support teams is a necessity.
As the Maintenance Foreman, you will:
You and Your Experience:
- Plan and schedule maintenance tasks, including preventive maintenance activities
- Coordinate and manage the performance and development of the maintenance team
- Communicate and collaborate with vendors and contractors
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment by reading schematics and drawings
- Ensure the maintenance of rotating equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, machining and metal forming equipment, CNC drills and mills, material handling equipment, heat transfer and water-cooling equipment, and PLC-based automated systems
- Utilize maintenance management software/computer maintenance management systems (CMMS) for work orders, tracking, and continuous improvement
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and proactive maintenance practices
Benefits of the organization
- Hold a Technology Diploma or Trade Certification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team of skilled trades, preferably in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience utilizing either a preventive maintenance management software, or computer maintenance management systems for work orders, tracking, and continuous improvement is considered an asset
- Knowledge of maintaining rotating equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, machining and metal forming equipment, CNC drills and mills, material handling equipment, and PLC-based automated systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read schematics and drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Web Applications and Ipads
About Black Cat Wear Parts
- Team oriented culture
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits
Black Cat Wear Parts started in 1968 and is an established producer of ground engaging tools for the road maintenance, construction, and mining sector. Their prime focus is manufacturing superior blades in a work environment dedicated to safety, continuous improvement, employee involvement and customer satisfaction.
Black Cat Wear Parts is committed to innovation from day one. This innovation is driven by their culture of honesty, integrity, and trust that empowers their employees to do the best job possible knowing these values will never be compromised for profit.
How to apply
Please apply online at jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume in confidence to Jessica Wold at [email protected]
For more information about this career opportunity please call Janelle Robin at 204.938.4034.