At Grayhawk, relationships are not just talked about, they are our core business. Genuine relationships drive everything we do, as we believe they are essential to helping our clients manage their wealth, not just their money. We understand that significant wealth requires stewardship from a whole-person, whole-life, wholefamily perspective. Our approach involves asking tough, yet transformative, questions about our clients’ wishes, fears, and aspirations. These human-centric interactions form the foundation of real, caring relationships. We recognize that the word “relationship” means different things to different people and adapt accordingly. Everyone in our team and our partners are committed to making these relationships work by upholding our guiding values.
1. We are guided by our values all the time, especially when the choices are the hardest:
2. Never let anything get in the way of being your authentic self.
3. Collaborate willingly across boundaries to keep the client at the centre.
4. Take the time to be thoughtful with each other and with our families.
5. We see our clients as people; not rich people.
6. We have the courage and confidence to challenge our clients and each other, to question old beliefs, face reality, and dream of possibility.
7. We value intimacy over luxury. People don’t come here to be pampered or have their egos stroked. They come here to be themselves.
If there was one idea we carry around to bring us back to relationships it is this: if I’m more in tune with my clients families and my team, we can go to incredible places others can’t.
Our team is in search of a Marketing Director with an unwavering passion for building deep and meaningful relationships with others. Reporting directly to our Founder and Co-CEO, this pivotal role is centred around developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives that wholeheartedly align with our core business objectives, while also elevating the presence of our brand. This role encompasses marketing the firm, and its people, to a highly targeted group of individuals, families, referral partners and foundations, using relationships to build and grow. It’s hands-on but guided by a strategic direction that supports the business. Sometimes it’s negotiating a co-brand deal, sometimes it’s showing up at a client event to make sure it runs smoothly, sometimes it’s re-segmenting the client base to reflect the impact of an acquisition. We hold the belief that profound and meaningful relationships are at the heart of our success, and we are excited to collaborate with someone who shares this genuine desire to connect with people on a deep level. Your ability to foster these meaningful connections will be instrumental as you collaborate with our internal team, the Sagard growth/marketing team, and the other ecosystem partners to drive our collective vision forward.
To thrive in this position, you must be a creative and results-driven person, boasting a strong marketing background of 5-10 years, ideally with exposure to the wealth management industry. This role offers the flexibility of working 2-3 days a week in the office, with the option for remote work and occasional travel to our core markets across the country.
Here’s what we’re looking for in our Marketing Director:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree combined with relevant experience, exhibiting a deep understanding of marketing and client-centric businesses. Prior experience in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment is highly preferable. While wealth management experience is preferred, candidates with significant luxury brand experience may also be considered.
- Your resourcefulness, agility, and organizational skills are unparalleled. Adapting to changing needs and tasks is second nature to you, and you thrive in handling ambiguity. Your self-drive enables you to multi-task effectively and manage dynamically shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Your personality is outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic. Hosting events and nurturing strong relationships built on trust excites you, and you consistently embody Grayhawk’s brand in every interaction.
- You are innately client-centric, and your collaboration with the broader team reflects Grayhawk’s relational and service-oriented approach in everything you do.
- As a leader, you are highly motivated to enable Grayhawk’s national and regional strategies to support connectivity with prospective clients and exceptional service to existing clients.
- Your communication skills are exceptional, both verbally and in writing, projecting confidence and poise.
- You are technological savvy, with advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Additionally, you are eager to learn new software and systems. Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce and marketing automation platforms like MailChimp would be a tremendous asset.
- Problem-solving comes naturally to you, and you excel at identifying root causes and devising effective solutions.
- Empathy is a key strength, allowing you to understand another person’s perspective and feelings. This skill enhances your ability to curate personalized experiences that cater to client needs.
- You are well-versed in the complexities and expectations of successful families and foundations, creating an environment that aligns with their preferences and lifestyle.
- Your growth mindset is evident in your openness to new experiences and opportunities. You keep yourself updated on macro-trends and world affairs, consistently seeking personal development and growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategic Marketing: Develop and implement marketing strategies that align with Grayhawk’s overarching business goals and growth objectives. Oversee the creation of valuable content, including articles, whitepapers, and educational materials that showcase Grayhawk’s expertise and provide value to clients and prospects. Utilize digital channels and social media to reach our target audience and enhance the firm’s online presence.
- Brand Management: Oversee the launch of new brands and ensure consistent messaging across all marketing materials and channels. Manage the firm’s website, social media presence, and other promotional materials.
- Event Planning & External Presence: Organize events, webinars, and other marketing initiatives to generate leads.
- Client Communications: Develop effective communication strategies to keep existing clients informed about Grayhawk’s services, market updates, and relevant information. Effective narration of market commentary.
- Gift Boutique: Establish a boutique for the team and clients, offering branded accessories and unique gifts.
- Collaboration with Client Experience Team: Work closely with the client experience team to ensure marketing efforts align with their initiatives and provide necessary tools and materials to attract and convert prospects.
- Market Research: Conduct market research to understand industry trends, client preferences, and competitor activities, shaping marketing strategies and offerings accordingly.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the marketing budget, allocating resources effectively to achieve marketing goals.
- Measurement and Analysis: Monitor the performance of marketing campaigns using KPIs to evaluate effectiveness and make data-driven decisions for continuous improvement.
- Compliance and Regulations: Ensure all marketing activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards. •
- Bilingual Communication: Ensure all marketing efforts are developed in both English and French with the utilization of our corporate translator. Fluency in English and French with strong writing skills in both languages is considered an asset.
- Relationship Building: Emphasize the value of building strong relationships with others. The role plays a vital part in fostering a bond-focused culture within Grayhawk.
- Transition Management: Manage brand and marketing transitions related to acquisitions, sub-brands, and other changes.
- Marketing Partnerships and Sponsorships: Oversee brand and marketing partnerships, co-brands, sponsorships, and corporate giving initiatives.
- Remote Work: While some remote work may be possible, key in-person time in our core markets across the country is essential to grasp Grayhawk’s culture and maintain strong relationships.
Grayhawk Wealth was founded in 2015 to empower our client’s wealth purpose and accelerate impact. We act as the Chief Investment Office (CIO) for Canada’s successful families and foundations.
Today we serve our clientele nationally, offering institutional quality investment portfolio curation with a relationship-first mindset. Our work is most meaningful when our clients feel how different it is to partner with us, and we support a path of purposeful wealth stewardship with profound impact across generations.
We designed Grayhawk to be a different kind of Chief Investment Office (CIO). One that delivers the experience clients were asking for. As a CIO, we offer our clients independent expertise and advice, with access to investment opportunities not typically available to private investors. We aim to provide a superior, long-term, risk-adjusted return for our clients based on their wealth goals. And we fundamentally believe that it all starts with relationships built on trust.
Our team of professionals are all here because they believe in what we do – each with their own story about why our purpose matters to them. We value diversity and inclusion as an organization and are dedicated to growing our team with individuals who have varied perspectives and experiences
Job Type: Part-time