Hestia Construction is a forward-thinking construction company that uses innovation and technology in providing a complete value-added solution for the commercial, Multi-unit Residential and Healthcare markets, specializing in the delivery of multi-phased campuses for continuing care and multi-unit residential. Hestia maintains the culture of a family company with the distinct capability to deliver on quality and value, regardless of the size, location or complexity.
Hestia is looking for highly motivated individual for the Site Superintendent role to manage the site construction activities throughout the project lifecycle, including daily coordination of work scopes with trades and own forces as well as managing required material resources, services and equipment on site. This position requires a professional individual with good communication skills and demonstrates integrity, honesty and responsibility.
The Site Superintendent will apply sound knowledge of construction methods and work collaborative with sub-contractors to ensure work is completed on time, to scope and on budget. The Site Superintendent is to work closely with the assigned Project Manager as part of the team and is accountable to the Vice President.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize construction activities and ensure the completion of assigned tasks are completed by the site workforce and subcontractors.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring the work performed is in accordance with the most recent project plans and specifications.
- Ensure the site and all activities adhere to all safety regulations, rules and safety manual.
- Responsible and accountable for site reporting requirements on Procore – safety documentation, equipment tracking, look-a-heads, daily log, etc.
- Manage/Coordinate the delivery to site of all materials and equipment in a timely manner and as required by the project schedule.
- Understand the scope of work and ensure it is well communicated to all trades.
- Report and keep current all daily log activities on site in Procore.
- Check and prepare material orders and items related to the work they supervise.
- Maintain site files on supplies, equipment, and services.
- Supervise inspections performed by field engineers, AHJ, subcontractors, and any external participant.
- Identify and eliminate risks and identify and document the hazards.
· Minimum of 8-10 years of commercial and institutional construction experience
· Must have previous site superintendent experience for a General Contractor
· Must have low to mid rise concrete structure experience
· Strong knowledge of safety on commercial work sites
· Proven track record in a general contracting environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of building and safety codes
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates chosen for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2X 0N7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Commercial construction (preferred)
Work Location: In person