Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world’s largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants, and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels, and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp, and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people, and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today’s global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi’kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi’kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater Seafoods’ Human Resources department requires a Program Assistant as part of the Careers Set Sail program. This position will be located in Bedford or Membertou NS.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Careers Set Sail Program. This is a 5-year term with the possibility of an extension.
- This individual will report to the Indigenous Employment Officer.
- Support the Careers Set Sail Program with administrative, reporting, and technical support.
- Accurately update and maintain tracking systems related to the Careers Set Sail.
- Screen and save applications for the Careers Set Sail Program.
- Coordinate community, training sessions and other related events.
- Attend and prepare minutes for all required meetings.
- Assist with updating and the development of communications including newsletters, posters, etc.
- Ensure accurate upkeep and data integrity within all systems.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day administration of the program.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and create positive solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as member of a team.
- A keen willingness to learn and a positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and work attendance
- Ability to prioritize completing job duties.
- Results and detail oriented.
- Must be available for Full time work hours.
- Office setting
- Minimal travel may be required. Must be able to travel and have reliable transportation.
- Office administration certificate or diploma
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Strong work ethic and work attendance record
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong technical skills in report creation, report consolidation, and analysis.
- Ability to develop employee communications such as presentations, newsletters, posters, etc.
- Adobe writer experience would be considered an asset.
- Previous HRIS experience would be considered an asset.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- This is a designated position where applicants are required to self-identify as Indigenous. Are you able to provide supporting documents to this?
Work Location: In person