Avanti Engineering & Design Inc. is looking for a Structural Engineer and/or Structural Engineer-in-Training.
Avanti is a rapidly growing building consulting and structural engineering firm located in Oro-Medonte, Ontario. It currently has one (1) position available for the following candidate.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Civil Engineering) with emphasis or specialization in the Structural Field.
- Completed studies and is familiar with the National Building Code, the Ontario Building Code and Building Standards.
- Familiar with common building and construction details for steel, masonry, wood and concrete built structures.
- Proficiency with some or all of the following software packages: Revit, AutoCAD, and Chief Architect; Soda, Risa, Robot, Woodworks, and other analysis software an asset.
- Possess the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
Duties of the successful candidate will be the following.
1) Responsible to meet with clients, assess their design needs and prepare complete and detailed structural designs for construction of commercial, residential, industrial, agricultural and institutional buildings.
2) Work with other Avanti technical and support staff through to each project completion.
3) Review client prepared drawings, markup and advise as required.
4) Review shop drawings issued by steel fabricators and suppliers.
5) Coordinate projects with various Sub-Consultants including Surveyors, Geotechnical, Municipal and Mechanical & Electrical Engineers.
6) Perform building code reviews for fire protection, barrier free accessibility, means of egress, etc.
7) Site review of construction progress and preparation of site reports.
8) Field investigation and preparation of a recommendation report for failures, building retrofit / renovations, etc.
9) Possess or working toward Engineer Licensure in the Province of Ontario.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Public health measures followed as required.
Work Location: In person