Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Business Partner, People & Culture
Head of People & Culture
Full Time Temporary (12 Months)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Remote (Within Canada)
We are looking for Business Partner to play an integral role in driving and fostering retention and engagement for World Vision Canada. Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, they will be a trusted and strategic advisor to both leaders and staff, providing coaching and strategic guidance in matters related to workforce planning, change management, P&C policies, and all matters in the employee lifecycle in alignment with WVC’s strategy, values, and mission. The Business Partner will also collaborate with the People & Culture team and other cross-functional partners to drive employee engagement campaigns and staff care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching to people leaders and staff regarding leadership development, career growth, employee relations, equity, diversity and inclusion, and staff care matters in alignment with policies, core values, and legislative requirements.
- Partner with people leaders to execute talent, competency, and performance management programs in alignment with organizational strategies and objectives.
- Diagnose client group climate and culture (using a variety of tools including surveys, interviews, focus groups, and or/consultation with leaders), and articulate recommendations for achieving strategic results considering best practices and research.
- Support people leaders with workforce planning and change management while being a conduit for effective communications throughout the process.
- Deliver information and/or learning sessions for key initiatives as needed with support from P&C team members.
- Facilitate staff leave programs according to organizational policies and legislative standards, including disability management program.
- Support staff exit processes and transitions, including conducting exit interviews and surveys as appropriate.
- Analyze ministry function workforce metrics, staff feedback and provide recommendations for leadership and organizational improvement opportunities.
- Support recruiting and onboarding activities as required to ensure smooth operation of People & Culture initiatives, and to enable all staff and people leaders to be well-integrated into the organization within their first three months.
- Administration and documentation for employee matters utilizing various HR-related systems in collaboration with people leaders and the People & Culture team and provide feedback and support for opportunities to simplify and digitize workflow processes
- Provide subject matter expertise, as it relates to legal compliance and legislative requirements and ensure related WVC policies and procedures remain up to date.
- Contribute to team objectives including continuously identifying efficiencies and best practices in alignment with core values and strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management and CHRP Certification (or in-progress) or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a Human Resources generalist or similar role
- Demonstrable understanding of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and HR legal and common best practices
- Working knowledge of the application of Agile principles to People & Culture
- Strong understanding of equity, diversity & inclusion principles including accommodations
- Strong understanding of change management principles and the ability to support stakeholders in effective application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of the organization
- Critical thinking and analysis skills, ability to diagnose organizational climate, analyze data, provide strategic advice and ensure alignment with organizational goals
- Proven project management skills, ability to manage projects and initiatives from start to finish
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work through ambiguity and challenges with resilience and clarity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office and Teams, experience with Dayforce or Workday HRIS preferred
Why Consider Us?
- World Vision Canada has consistently been awarded Canada’s and the GTA’s top employers. Other awards granted are for financial transparency, marketing, customer service and for the work we do in the field.
- We are Canada’s largest development, relief and advocacy non-profit.
- We embody an agile mindset here.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits. Our comprehensive health benefits start at day 1 which includes a Health Spending Account. We match pension contributions up to 6% and give up a top-up for pregnancy & parental leaves up to 25%.
- You get extra time off for restoration. We close for an additional day on long weekends, 6 times a year. You can get up to six weeks’ vacation, plus paid sick days, personal days & wellness days.
- We offer a family-friendly, caring, and flexible work environment.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 Employers GTA Top 100 Employers
Our Core Values:
We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.