Condominium building located in Bedford is recruiting for an experienced part-time Building Superintendent / Cleaner
We are seeking an exceptional Building Superintendent and Cleaner to maintain the cleanliness and functioning of the common areas of the corporation, and overseeing the contracted services such as snow removal and landscaping, system repairs and general maintenance. The successful candidate will contribute to the quality and living experience of our residents with a positive attitude and pro-active approach.
The person we are seeking should have minimum of 3 years’ experience with residential building systems as well as knowledge of cleaning products, good communication skills and an excellent work ethic.
This is a part-time position. The successful candidate will be required to work approx. 20 hours per week - Monday to Friday (approximately 9:00am - 1:00pm) as well as be available on call for afterhours for emergencies.
Responsible to maintain the building common areas in a clean and functional condition at all times, including but not limited to:
Be on site and available for five (5) hours per day as per the contract.
- Day to begin no earlier than 8:00 am
- Maintain presence on site for duration of third-party contract work taking place on site.
- If there are tasks that are reasonably going to take more than five hours to complete, additional hours may be requested.
Change and make minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems, changing light bulbs as required, and contact R360 to contact tradespersons for approved major repairs.
- Check all mechanical rooms and address matters efficiently, such as leaks, pests or other noticeable issues.
- Preform other routine maintenance jobs like painting and drywall repair as required.
- Perform qualified minor repairs to the common areas as required.
- Extras to be paid based on agreement of the work by the board, at an agreeable hourly rate upon successful completion of the tasks.
Cleaning tasks – All areas of the building are to be maintained with the highest cleaning standards to prevent damage, rodents, or other pests.
- Garbage room floor to be mopped daily.
- Vacuum hallways, wash windows, interior walls, sweep/mop stairs, handrails and maintain mechanical hallway on a set schedule.
- Maintain all common areas. Front and rear entrance windows and hand pulls to be cleaned daily.
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers that are located around the building’s interior.
- Sweep, mop, scrub hallways, floors, and stairs on a weekly schedule.
Daily walking of parking area and surrounding grounds to pick up debris, garbage, and use the leaf blower to remove excess leaves, grass etc.
- In the winter, notify residents as to when the plows are coming to ensure that the parking lot is properly cleared front and back.
- In the summer, review the work of the ground maintenance crews have completed a sufficient job and have cleaned up the cuttings before leaving the property.
Review the checklist to see what additional tasks need to be completed, or issues that have been submitted on paper or through the portal by residents.
To become familiar with and monitor the following building systems:
- Intercom system.
- Emergency lighting to be tested monthly.
- Corridor ventilation.
- Interior/exterior lighting and electrical timers and /or photocells.
- Monthly Fire alarms systems notification and testing.
- Sprinkler systems.
- Monthly Inspection of Fire extinguishers.
- Operation of boilers and associated equipment.
- Washers, dryers and payment terminals.
- Building laptop and routers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Strong people skills and positive attitude; with this position, you will encounter residents on a daily basis
- Detail oriented with ability to complete daily/monthly/weekly cleaning routines and procedures while identifying and addressing other areas as needed
- Self-motivated with ability to take direction
- Ability to successfully perform the necessary functions of this job including ability to bend, turn, reach high and low, push, pull, lift, stand walk and occasional lifting of no more than 15 pounds.
- Perform repetitive manual tasks on a daily basis
- This position requires the applicant to pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to respond to this application online or submit their resumes to:
Real Estate 360 Property Advisory Limited
33 Alderney Drive, Suite 650
Dartmouth, NS, B2Y 2N4
We thank all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Work Location: In person