· Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
· Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
· Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes, coring, canning and fixtures in walls and floors
· Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
· Receive, install and start-up HVAC and plumbing equipment as directed by manufacturers instructions and supervisors direction.
· Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
· Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
· Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
· Co-ordinate JQ sub-trades to ensure smooth operation on site.
· Ensure any changes within the project scope is clearly outlined and brought to the Project managers attention prior to commencing work onsite.
· Only change orders approved by the Project Manager can be completed. No work to proceed without written authorization from the Project Manager.
· All T&M work must be signed off by the client at the end of each day and a copy of the signed time cards must be sent to the office within 3 business days.
· Continually sell the services of JQ Mechanical to all customers who you have contact with.
· Provide leads for this work through your Supervisor
· Know and Use Company/Client Lock and Tag-out Procedures
· Follow the Collective Agreement
· Fill FLRA Form’s on daily basis.
- Valid Provincial Driver’s License – follow company vehicle policy
- Journey Person Certification as a Plumber and Gas fitters license.
- Completion of secondary school may be beneficial.
- Interprovincial trade certification would be considered an asset (Red Seal)
- Available to travel.
- A Criminal Record Check may be required for some projects.
- Credit Check is not normally required for this position.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Promote prevention of accidents and provide a safe working environment – No Lost Time Injuries
- Adherence to JQ Mechanical Code of Business and to Corporate Policy
- Follow proper safe work procedures through the latest Worksafe BC work place practices, JQ Mechanical Safety Handbook & general contractors site safety protocols at all times.
- Professional presentation of employees, sites, offices & equipment
- Uphold JQ Mechanicals, Quality, Community, Environmental Responsibility, & Customer Service
- Compliance to Operational Guidelines
- Execution of work, on time, and on budget
- Quality and Customer Satisfaction
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $44.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person