FIREFLY is seeking a full-time Senior Clinician for our Children & Youth Mental Health team. The Senior Clinician (SC) is a key member of the FIREFLY clinical services team. Working closely with front-line clinicians, the SC is a role model, mentor, and leader for clinicians in their own profession, demonstrating and promoting excellence in evidence-based practice, ethical behavior, organizational practices, and current knowledge of professional standards. The SC promotes the mission, vision and values of FIREFLY and supports implementation of FIREFLY strategies, goals, objectives while abiding by policies and procedures and any applicable legislation.
Benefits of working at FIREFLY:
- Pension Plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan HOOPP).
- Professional development opportunities including access to educational websites and opportunity to attend trainings.
- Vacation entitlement starting at 4 weeks per year with a gradual increase after 3 years.
- Paid sick leave accrued monthly up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Additional paid days off: Wellness Days (3 total per fiscal year) and Community Service and Cultural Days (3 total per fiscal year).
- Option to work towards a self-funded leave (i.e. 4 over 5).
- Flexibility within the 35 hour workweek to meet the needs of the client and yourself. Opportunity to bank overtime to be used as additional vacation.
- Excellent benefit plan with coverage including health, dental, vision, travel, life insurance and critical illness with 100% of the premiums paid by FIREFLY
- Short and long term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Ability to join, contribute, and learn from a multitude of committees that support your progressive attitude including neurodiversity, inclusion, ethics, family engagement, wellness, truth and reconciliation.
- A supportive team and great workplace culture.
Key Job Functions:
- Reporting to a Clinical Manager, the Senior Clinician (SC) maintains a clinical caseload, and provides coaching, mentorship, and support to assigned clinicians while consistently practicing at college standards in all performance areas and commonly exceeding standards in several areas of performance.
- Adheres to college standards and keeps current with legislative changes pertinent to profession.
- Models evidence-informed practices.
- Supports waitlist management activities in conjunction with Clinical Manager.
- Responds to general intake, wait list, and program inquiries as required.
- Shares knowledge by mentoring and coaching clinicians regarding clinical reasoning, professional practice, and ethical issues. This includes provision of college mentorship as required.
- Participates in the interview process and supports recruitment and retention activities.
- Promotes and cultivates a collaborative team culture; encourages work/life balance; stimulates and supports creative thinking and problem solving.
- Identifies professional development needs and supports achievement of same.
- Contributes to the development of best practice guidelines in conjunction with Clinical Manager (s).
- Supports research initiatives as appropriate.
- Develops agendas, and shares responsibility with other SCs to chair/support discipline meetings and/or discipline-specific discussions, linking with other internal SCs to develop clinical meetings and/or inter-disciplinary discussions.
- Leads orientation process for new staff and students as assigned.
- Facilitates student placement and observation requests within the discipline.
- Accepts the changing nature and requirements of the position, including the addition and/or deletion of responsibilities and duties from time to time.
- Travel within the service region required.
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in clinical service provision in field of expertise.
- Progressive experience in leadership and/or clinical supervision preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, diplomacy, and good judgement.
- LEAN Six Sigma Yellow Belt is preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- The ability to manage a reasonable workload; effective priority setting and follow up
- Role model the vision and values of the Agency
- Value the concept of teamwork and ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with conflict, mediate and problem solve
- Quality of work to meet or exceed Agency specifications
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screen that is free of any offenses
- Actively promotes and abides by Agency Health and Safety policies
Must have a valid Driver’s License
For additional information on what it is like to work at FIREFLY please take a few moments to watch to following video: https://youtu.be/AmiSO4lP-j0
Is your partner relocating with you and you are interested in exploring what opportunities exist for them in the local area? Please reach out to [email protected]. We may be able to help!
Position will be open until filled.